A Law or Restriction on breeding?

Discuss Breed Specific Legislation and local county laws on pit bull ownership.
LVUFreddie
Newborn Bully

Re: A Law or Restriction on breeding?

Postby LVUFreddie » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:48 pm

SnowKoi2010 wrote:I honestly think that owning a dog is a privileged like driving a car. Because of the abuse levels out there, I think that a permit or something of the work enabling you to not only become a breeder but to actually own a animal would be a wonderful Idea. Have like a 3 strike deal and once your permit has been taken away from you forever can no longer own a animal. You would have this permit with you at all times, like a DL or state ID. And if you are caught even with a friends dog, without the proper identification showing that you can own one, then you can face charges and fines. You also have to show the permit at shelters and have to have it to work with or around animals.

@back at the Breeding thing, You would only be able to obtain a Breeding permit if you can show that you have a permit to own a dog and that the dogs you own have papers and titles. If you get caught breeding without a permit, All animals will be removed and you will be fined.

but this is all IMO in my own little world. I think it would help a lot D:
Yeah lets throw away billions of tax dollars making sure that all the little pitties and kitty cats are taken care of and have happy lives,meanwhile we don't have enough money to pay social workers to protect little children from parents that beat,rape,whore out,starve and neglect them.

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:51 pm

SnowKoi2010 wrote:With abuse rates, I would.

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but I'm thinking that the abuse rates would drop fairly quickly if only responsible people were allowed pets. (if only responsible breeders were able to sell/rehome them as well as shelters)

I guess there are always the slip ups... I've seen a few real winners around here manage to get dogs from a rescue... I would've never allowed them a pet sea monkey... So I guess you've got a valid point there lol.
Last edited by APBT<3er on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

highflyergirl19
Adolescent Bully

Postby highflyergirl19 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:51 pm

The point is that a law would be a great thing if it could be enforced and that we need to at least try.

Leash laws and animal abuse laws aren't doing anything to cut down on breeding. There are plenty of backyard breeders that keep their dogs leashed and don't abuse their animals.

There should be enough money to take care of everything that needs to be taken care of (like social workers and animal abuse cases) but tax dollars are going to things that it shouldn't go to. Just take a look at all the pet projects out there that senators and congressman push for. Why are you not up in arms about that instead of getting mad about money going towards a useful cause?

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:53 pm

I can see this topic getting locked up real fast if we don't get back to the theoretical law that was originally posted.. - Just saying.

LVUFreddie
Newborn Bully

Postby LVUFreddie » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:54 pm

APBT<3er wrote:there are NO laws for this... So it has to start SOMEWHERE... The law that you hold in the highest regard started from nothing. As could this one.

There are many laws that cover thing such as how animals are kept,how often they are to be fed,and what you are expected to provide as far as medical care.BYB's are usually not responsible or ethical pet owners,I guarantee most of them are breaking at least one law or city ordinance already,why would they give a damn about having a "breeding permit"?

Brianna&Bubba.
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Brianna&Bubba. » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:56 pm

APBT<3er wrote:I can see this topic getting locked up real fast if we don't get back to the theoretical law that was originally posted.. - Just saying.

Agreed. -.-

LVUFreddie
Newborn Bully

Postby LVUFreddie » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:57 pm

APBT<3er wrote:I can see this topic getting locked up real fast if we don't get back to the theoretical law that was originally posted.. - Just saying.

And there we go,anytime logic is starting to prevail someone calls for the thread to be locked.

LVUFreddie
Newborn Bully

Postby LVUFreddie » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:58 pm

highflyergirl19 wrote:The point is that a law would be a great thing if it could be enforced and that we need to at least try.

Leash laws and animal abuse laws aren't doing anything to cut down on breeding. There are plenty of backyard breeders that keep their dogs leashed and don't abuse their animals.

There should be enough money to take care of everything that needs to be taken care of (like social workers and animal abuse cases) but tax dollars are going to things that it shouldn't go to. Just take a look at all the pet projects out there that senators and congressman push for. Why are you not up in arms about that instead of getting mad about money going towards a useful cause?

Oh,I get plenty pissed off about the other BS that we waste money on.

Brianna&Bubba.
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Brianna&Bubba. » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:58 pm

LVUFreddie wrote:
APBT<3er wrote:there are NO laws for this... So it has to start SOMEWHERE... The law that you hold in the highest regard started from nothing. As could this one.

There are many laws that cover thing such as how animals are kept,how often they are to be fed,and what you are expected to provide as far as medical care.BYB's are usually not responsible or ethical pet owners,I guarantee most of them are breaking at least one law or city ordinance already,why would they give a damn about having a "breeding permit"?

Because of overpopulation, this would be a step to take. NOT RIGHT NOW, since yes, the economy is going downhill. But if legislatures can spend money and time to enforce BANNING i think that this smaller task can be handled.

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:01 am

You are something else - I did not call for the thread to be locked rather tried to get the conversation back ON TOPIC and off of a topic that in banned from the forums - politics.

You think most BYBs aren't treating their dogs right? I think not, I think most BYBs treat their dogs like an average citizen does, they just think its easy to make a quick buck off of them or are wanting to add a new addition to the family by getting a pup from their current dog. I think most BYBs are uneducated and that if they knew full well the consequences of their actions there would be slight hope for change, but my guess is that education would cost just about as much as the law and could be less effective, so take your pick.

trexgorawrrrrr
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby trexgorawrrrrr » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:04 am

LVUFreddie wrote:

And there we go,anytime logic is starting to prevail someone calls for the thread to be locked.

And there we go, you putting words into people's mouths. You like to twist things into something they're not so that you can rant about them.
Last edited by trexgorawrrrrr on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:05 am

I would love it if they'd put some regulations on breeding. Even if it only stopped a portion it would still help. And I know there are tons of dogs who are put into unpleasant situations because of backyard breeders. Your average backyard breeder gives the dog to anyone with money.

If all breeders were responsible we'd have more stable dogs, and less dogs in bad/irresponsible homes, meaning less attacks.

trexgorawrrrrr
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby trexgorawrrrrr » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:05 am

Celesteandthebullies wrote:I would love it if they'd put some regulations on breeding. Even if it only stopped a portion it would still help. And I know there are tons of dogs who are put into unpleasant situations because of backyard breeders. Your average backyard breeder gives the dog to anyone with money.

If all breeders were responsible we'd have more stable dogs, and less dogs in bad/irresponsible homes, meaning less attacks.

:goodpost:

Brianna&Bubba.
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Brianna&Bubba. » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:07 am

Celesteandthebullies wrote:I would love it if they'd put some regulations on breeding. Even if it only stopped a portion it would still help. And I know there are tons of dogs who are put into unpleasant situations because of backyard breeders. Your average backyard breeder gives the dog to anyone with money.

Thats exactly what Im trying to get at !

LVUFreddie
Newborn Bully

Postby LVUFreddie » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:10 am

Brianna&Bubba. wrote:
LVUFreddie wrote:

Because of overpopulation, this would be a step to take. NOT RIGHT NOW, since yes, the economy is going downhill. But if legislatures can spend money and time to enforce BANNING i think that this smaller task can be handled.

It may seem like a simple enough task,but when you get into it in depth,there would be a million different variables that would have to be addressed.What kind of food is acceptable for a dog? how much space does each dog require to be comfortable(this would obviously vary with size,which would take forever to figure out for every breed out there)What breeds should be allowed to breed? How many of each breed per year? how many litters would be acceptable per bitch,per year,what health testing would be required?what titles would prove a dog worthy of breeding? Which organization's titles would be recognized? How many litters could each breeder legally turn out each year? Would it vary from breed to breed? Some breeds are considerably rare compared to others,Since there are a million and one GSD breeders should we put perdic halts on all breeding of GSD's until the numbers decline? should people be given incentives to produce more litters of less popular breeds?

See where this is going? I could go on and on like that forever.

Return to “Laws”