Dardanelle, AR passes BSL

Discuss Breed Specific Legislation and local county laws on pit bull ownership.
heather
Addicted to PBF

Dardanelle, AR passes BSL

Postby heather » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:27 pm

Dardanelle City Council passes pit bull ban
by Whitney Snipes The Courier Your Messenger For The River Valley
08:54 AM, Wednesday, November 06 2013

DARDANELLE — The Dardanelle City Council passed an ordinance Monday banning pit bull dogs within city limits.

Prior to the vote, Dardanelle resident Amanda Grayham spoke against the ordinance. She said the breed ban would cause her home insurance to nearly double and put her family in the situation where they may have to find a new home for their pet, a female pit bull.

“I don’t believe my dog is vicious, and I don’t believe she is dangerous,” Grayham said.

Grayham asked the council to table the ordinance to allow for further discussion about a way to approach the issue without punishing existing dog owners who are acting responsibly.

Alderman Bruce McConnell voiced his opposition to the ban.

“I primarily oppose this ordinance because I believe our citizens should have a right to own dogs of their own choosing,” he said. “I believe the ordinance basically says we do not believe our citizens have the ability to control their dogs. And as the city cannot enforce current restrictions regarding the control of pets, I ask you to join me in refusing this ordinance because it goes against some of our basic rights.”

McConnell made a motion to table the matter for further review, but that motion died for lack of a second.

A motion to accept the ordinance passed, with aldermen Kenny George, Scott Moore, Julia Ann Taylor and Kenneth Taylor voting in favor; McConnell voting against; and Linda Thompson abstaining, citing a need for more information.

http://www.couriernews.com/view/full_st ... t-bull-ban

Apbt4life
Matured Bully

Re: Dardanelle, AR passes BSL

Postby Apbt4life » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:07 am

WOW, that is so saad. another city another ban... :crybaby: :(...such a useless law...

Return to “Laws”