hips and elbows

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

hips and elbows

Postby samnsyd » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:06 pm

Wanted to know if anyone here has had experience with replacement joints, recovery, prognosis, etc.
Sydney is 7 years old and has severe hip and elbow displaysia in all four legs. She has been this way since I got her at a year and a half old (one reason to avoid BYBers) It wasn't as severe when she was younger, but has gotten progressively worse. We have tried multiple treatments and therapys and she has been on glucosamine/chondroitin all her life. She has tried multiple pain meds with little success. I am taking her to the vet tomorrow to discuss hip and elbow replacement surgery. Elbows are brand new and not even on the market till mid summer this year. Just wondered if anyone can give me their experiences with hips?
Thanks
Amanda samantha and sydney
samnsyd

Postby rosanneandkaya » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:46 pm

HI THERE
I DO NOT HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE BUT JUST WANTED TO SAY GOOD LUCK AS OUR OWN DOG KAYA HAS SAME PROBLEM IN 3 LEGS AND I HOPE THAT EVERYTHING GOES WELL FOR YOU, LET US KNOW HOW THE OP GOES AND OF ANYTHING YOU FIND OUT?
THANKS AND GOOD LUCK!
STEVE ROSY AND KAYA!
rosanneandkaya
Newborn Bully

Postby samnsyd » Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:27 pm

Thanks!
We just got her first surgery scheduled for April 27th. First will be the hips then the elbows later this summer. I'll keep you posted on her progress.
amanda samantha and sydney
samnsyd

Return to Health Issues