Dino the blue-nosed puppy!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Dino the blue-nosed puppy!

Postby adoptanapbt » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:12 pm

One week after he was pulled from Sac City AC, Dino is looking less like a hippo and more like a dog! (This is another one that's thanks to caped dog!)

For his "before" pictures, visit http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.p ... =dino+city

Dino is a 6 month old blue with white/blue nose pit bull. He was surrendered by his owners to a local shelter for euthanasia due to animal aggression, but the shelter staff were so impressed with Dino's loveable personality that they sent out a request for rescue placement. Dino has been fostered since 10/28 with an adult female dog and numerous cats. So far, he has been a perfect gentleman with the cats and a little rude with the other dog. While his obedience and doggy play skills may need polishing, Dino already knows basic commands and house manners. He is very sweet and mellow for his age and would do well in just about any pit bull-savvy home. Potential adopters should have breed experience if only because it was a misunderstanding of dog behavior that got Dino surrendered to a shelter in the first place.

Interested adopters should visit http://www.yolospca.org for adoption apps or contact info.
adoptanapbt
Super Bully

Postby caped dog » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:04 am

Hooray. he looks really good. He is such a lovely little guy. And I love his bio:

Potential adopters should have breed experience if only because it was a misunderstanding of dog behavior that got Dino surrendered to a shelter in the first place.

glad to hear things are proceeding nicely.
caped dog
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Kingsgurl » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:57 pm

That there is a true Sacramento blue pup lol Anybody contact his breeder? There is only like 1000 of them around here it could be. Cute boy!
Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby adoptanapbt » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:24 pm

Wow! Just got an email forwarded from Dino's original owner sent to YCSPCA about his petfinder listing. She didn't argue with anything in his bio (other than that it was a behavior misunderstanding that landing him in the shelter), but she claims he was hell on wheels from day one, got kicked out of daycare for fighting, started fights with submissive dogs, went after the other dog in the house, etc. How much weight should I give this account of Dino vs what I'm seeing with my own eyes? I literally can't believe this is the same dog she's describing!
adoptanapbt
Super Bully

Postby caped dog » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:00 pm

don't panic. We tested him pretty heartily up against some pretty snarling beasts and he was more than willing to leave it. What she actually said was "this pup needed socialization around other dogs so I dropped him off at a doggy day care where someone could watch him". She goes on to tell us we are out of our minds, and if we knew half of what she, and the "trainers"' who said to kill him, we would know that death was the right answer... She knew enough to recognize needing socialization, but promptly set him up to fail by placing him in a completely overstimulating environment. I'm sorry, but asking anyone else to do her work was wrong. Needing socialization means, to me, exposing doggy to the offending stimulous slowly and only to the degree that doggy can handle without a negative reaction.

For Dino, he may well be a total opportunist so adopter should be wilier than that cute puppy. Just a small dose of "anticipation" and his adopter will be just fine.

Lastly, I have heard of a week in Quarantine building curing certain ills. Once I had a foster litter belonging to the shelter and a nasty little beast shot himself straight into Q because of his behavior while with me (myself I would have off'd him) . He sat back there a week and was then re-evaluated where no one could illcit any similar reaction. You might think he was just shut down, but a year after the shelter placed him, they followed up and he remained a delightful and reasonable pup. weird, i know.

It's possible that Dino was hell on wheels, but his isolation, stress and rescue and the passage of time and landing in a qualified foster spot means he has put together the necessary skills to not behave like anass. Many thanks for helping him walk, rather than be rolled out of there. After you left with him, the clerks and I did a happy dance in your, and Dino's honor.
caped dog
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby adoptanapbt » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:24 pm

Demon boy at play:

And after several minutes of egging them on, this is all I got them to do:
adoptanapbt
Super Bully

Postby INOCNTKITN187 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:55 am

He's so beautiful, I'm so jealous.
INOCNTKITN187
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby kcalbat » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:27 pm

if only you were in Houston, Texas......*sigh*
kcalbat
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby donnannjay » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:46 pm

He looks great now. He is a beautiful pup.
donnannjay
Super Bully

Postby kcalbat » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:38 am

I want him! Can i can i have him
kcalbat
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby ty_sob » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:44 am

i want him too bad i dont have room for him beautiful dog
ty_sob

Postby kcalbat » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:32 pm

i do...but location stinks
kcalbat
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby adoptanapbt » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:24 pm

Well, if you guys want to fill out an app, I'm sure a home visit & transportation can be arranged! :thumbsup:

http://www.yolospca.org
adoptanapbt
Super Bully

Postby kcalbat » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:11 pm

really? Im in Houston
kcalbat
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby kcalbat » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:17 pm

how can i email it? (im printerless for the moment)
kcalbat
Bully Lover 4 Life

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs