Spring pole.

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Spring pole.

Postby pitbull_connor » Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:28 pm

I finally got Connor to play with his spring pole. I had it attached to a garage door spring at first but he didnt like the sound of it when he let go. It actually scared him...but I changed it to a few bungee cords and tied his favorite rope to it. Damn man I cant get him off the thing now!

He played on it today until the back of his mouth was raw and bled a bit... I had to call him in the house to stop.

So far he hasnt built up enough strength in his back legs to get height so alot of times they are just barely touching the ground. But every now and then I get out there and pull it down far and let him latch on heigher and swing around a bit. Hes getting more and more used to it though.

I love watching him bounce around! WHAT A GREAT TOY!
pitbull_connor

Postby moto1320 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:39 pm

Nice :thumbsup: mine really get into it too.
moto1320
Regulator

Postby jmann4 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:49 pm

My girls love their pole as well.

I was wondering, do you let him play on it alone? Or are you out there with him?

I'm not sure but it sounds like to me you want him to hang from it. Make sure his legs can touch the ground at ALL times. When he gets older and stronger he may develop the ability to jump up and hang from it. For now I would make sure he can't come to far off the ground.
jmann4

Postby pitbull_connor » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:23 pm

Legs touching the ground at all times? Really? I guess at first he should get used to it and progress higher as he gets comfortable. I am anxious to see what kinda of air he can get but I should let him do it on his own.

95% of the time I am with him. Sometimes the rope gets caught to high and he cant reach it so I gotta get it down for him.
pitbull_connor

Postby Rott'n'Pit » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:15 am

I built a springpole myself last week. went to home depot, got the rope, the springs and the ties. then went to hobby lobby and got some burlap. My males LOVE it, Deja wont touch it unless i am holding it and teasing her with it. She may open up to it later, but the boys are totally psycho for it. I have to take it down when i want them to stop playing. they will not stop if they can get to it. I think they are breathing harder after 10 minutes of springpole than when we go out for a run.
Drey will hang and shake... Diallo has to keep all four planted on the ground and just pull and growl.

The end of the burlap is just shredded so I had to replace it once already. Is there something that i could put on it that wouldnt shred... or a way that i could put it on there to make it last longer?
Rott'n'Pit

Postby mnp13 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:45 pm

We have a three foot white cotton 'tug rope' on our string pole. It was about $20 at petsmart, it has held up really well and is about 2 inches thick with three big knots in it. Plenty to grab on to.
mnp13

Postby moto1320 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:48 pm

That's what I use too. They love it.
moto1320
Regulator

Postby Tally TransAm » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:16 pm

kya wont really play with hers, shell tug on it only if i am also

im gonna change the tug piece to a stuffed animal for a bit for her to get used to it cause she LOVES those
Tally TransAm
Newborn Bully

Postby pitbull_connor » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:00 pm

I tried using burlap at first but Connor would get his teeth stuck in it. He wasnt able to let go when he wanted to so I switched to rope.
pitbull_connor

Postby concreterose » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:05 pm

The burlap on mine got all shredded up and stuck in their teeth the first time they used it. I cut off a leg from an old pair of jeans I had and it's much more durable. They like to pull on the rope part too.
concreterose
Regulator

Return to Health Issues