Low cost spay/neutering

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Didn't see it so for all of the people in Sacramento....

Postby goldenstatefan » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:23 pm

Hellopitty wrote:The Sacramento SPCA has a program called "we pay to spay" where pit bulls and pit mixes can be altered for free.
www.sspca.org

while you are there they can be heartworm tested, vacc'd and chipped for an extra fee..

I'm in Manteca, would I have to be a Sac Co. resident for this program?
goldenstatefan
Newborn Bully

Postby Latinimagexx » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:42 am

:thumbsup:
Latinimagexx
Newborn Bully

Postby Shay59 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:53 am

kristakmj wrote:how bout anything near fort wayne indiana ? the PBRC is only in indianapolis,thats 3 hours from me my car isnt real reliable thanks i got 2 males and 1 female to have done

Are you in touch with PBRC or did you only check the web site? I emailed them a while back & they found a Spay Neuter clinic in the next county for me to use. None of the 3 vet's in my county participated in SpayUSA etc. although PBRC would've paid a local to do it for me. They just found a lower cost place.

They apparently negotiated the price too because according to a news paper article on the clinic recently, the prices are $10 cheaper than the normal cost there. They are paying for all 5 of my dogs to be done on Jan 17th & 18th. It's over a $500 savings over having them done at my own vet's office. PBRC only pays for the surgery itself, but that's a huge help! I have to pay for any anesthesia, pain meds, & all the shots that are due. It seems every one of the dogs need a shot update or a heartworm test that's due in the next month, so I'm doing them all at the clinic where it's $5 each.

I think I was assigned a contact there because whenever I emailed them, I heard back from the same volunteer every time. Usually, the next day if not sooner. She is a member here but she said she hasn't posted in a while. Does anyone remember nanny dog? I saw a nan on the member list, I wondered if it was her.

Anyways, back to the topic...krista, email PBRC directly to see if they can find a clinic for you to use that's closer to home. If they can't, they can help you have it done at your own vet's office.
Shay59
Bully Ambassador

Postby jazminesgranny » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:07 am

The northern nevada humane society does FREE spay/neuter and vaccs for pits. YOU MUST BE IN WASHOE COUNTY!

http://www.nevadahumanesociety.org/index.htm

Scroll down to the bottom

Debby and Jazmine
jazminesgranny
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby CrinkledStraw » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:34 pm

Another Reno pit bull owner! I was just about to post that information, jazminesgranny. Haha.

I found out about their program while searching for low cost spay clinics as I'll be taking in my dad's APBT girl, Lily, when he moves to the Cayman Islands (yes, I'm very jealous) in about a month and getting her spayed is priority numero uno!

They'll also microchip your APBT for you. :thumbsup:
CrinkledStraw
Matured Bully

Postby Zagari » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:36 pm

We are going through Pets ALIVE right now.

http://www.petsalivespayneuter.org/index.htm

They serve central Indiana. We are going through the Humane Society of Putnam County. Pets ALIVE comes to your town and will pick up the dog and transport it to their facility.

$55 is the cheapest I've found so far.
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby Zagari » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:37 pm

Just thought I'd add this part about Pit Bulls.

PETS ALIVE RECEIVES FUNDING FOR "GREAT PIT FIX OF SOUTHERN INDIANA"
MATCHING GRANT OPPORTUNITY - Money to be used to subsidize surgeries for Pit Bull Dogs
Pets ALIVE Spay/Neuter Clinic was awarded a $5,000 grant from a national foundation, to be used to provide much needed subsidies for Pit Bull Dogs in our region. Pit Bulls and Pit Bull mixes are athletic, active, people-friendly, and intelligent—but unfortunately they are plentiful in shelters. The funds from the Great Pit Fix will be used to help local citizens spay or neuter their dogs to decrease the number entering our shelters. Read more about pit bulls at www.animalfarmfoundation.org, also www.pbrc.net/, and www.badrap.org/rescue/myths.cfm.

ADDITIONAL FUNDING IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS LIFE-SAVING PROGRAM THROUGH A MATCHING GRANT OPPORTUNITY
Please help us reach our goal! In addition to the $5,000 grant, this national foundation will MATCH DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR any donations received to support the Pets ALIVE Great Pit Fix. Help us help these beautiful dogs. Call Pets ALIVE at 824-1349 to receive the correct donor form.
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Pit Bull Spay/Neuter resources - Los Angeles

Postby Daphnesmom » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:12 pm

I have a few people signed up for the free pit training classes Villalobos will be putting on again, and I've been able to politely encourage spaying and neutering. Some want to, just really can't afford to do it.

I've given out the PBRC link, LA AS, and Actors for Animals. Pasadena Humane would be a no brainer but most of these people are not in the cities they serve. One is in Whittier.

Are there other resources out there? I would have thought for a city with such a huge pit bull pop problem, they would have a real focus on providing low cost services.....argh.
Daphnesmom
Matured Bully

Postby AkainePSP » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:41 pm

Closest Friends of Animals vet for me is 1 1/2 hours away and in NY rather than PA. They also do micro-chipping which they do not do here in my area at least not that I am aware of. Hopefully the fact I live in PA won't make a difference.

Thanks for this sticky.

Kelly
AkainePSP
Adolescent Bully

Postby Brandy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:39 am

NYC residents interested in free/low cost Spay/Neuter should contact the ASPCA, or NYCACC. THE BIG FIX is back on. :peace:

FOR INFORMATION CALL: 212-788-4000
Brandy
Newborn Bully

Postby jazminesgranny » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:38 am

CrinkledStraw wrote:Another Reno pit bull owner! I was just about to post that information, jazminesgranny. Haha.

I found out about their program while searching for low cost spay clinics as I'll be taking in my dad's APBT girl, Lily, when he moves to the Cayman Islands (yes, I'm very jealous) in about a month and getting her spayed is priority numero uno!

They'll also microchip your APBT for you. :thumbsup:

Sorry for the very long delay in response... LOL If i dont market to tell me someone reply's I forget where I posted to check... How is it going with your dad's girl Lily? Did you get her in to get her spayed? I love our local Humane Society!! I referred a girl there the other day who has to give up two of her apbt's. So if you know anyone who would like a red nose let me know..

Debby
jazminesgranny
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Legend » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:01 pm

[b]FOR HOUSTONIANS

snapus.org

or http://www.snapus.org/site/PageServer

it's $30 for 30lbs below
It cost me 70 dollars for neutering Legend 40lbs over.
$30 "ONE TIME" fee for MICROCHIP. (no yearly charges)
ecollar for $9! as suppose to $30 in petsmart.

Legend
Adolescent Bully

Postby MemphisBrindle » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:41 pm

On my husbands next days off Im going to get Memphis neutered. He is about 5 months old..

Its only 35$ in Fort worth..woohoo

we spent almost 300 to spay our cat
MemphisBrindle
Newborn Bully

Postby Sandwich » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:46 pm

i guess i overpaid. I'm looking at an $800+ bill after taxes.

brought my dog into the Rutherford animal hospital this morning, picking up tomorrow after noon. I opted for the bloodwork(like $80), microchip($50), and the overnight stay which was $45.

the total bill looks like it's going to be about 850 :crybaby:

he's 2.5 years old, i know i'm getting this done a little late. but better late than never right.
Sandwich
Newborn Bully

Postby Kelli » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:57 pm

There are quite a few in the DFW area. Goooogle!!!
Kelli
Newborn Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues