Poplin's health update

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Poplin's health update

Postby hyperbole » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:35 pm

We switched Poplin from the Nature's Balance vegetarian dog food his old owners had him on to a mix of Canidae, raw chicken, ground beef, yogurt, eggs, cottage cheese, and the occasional table scrap. His poopies are back to normal, his dandruff has all but vanished, and his neck got about 1/2" thicker in just the last week (he's gaining weight).

Hi breath isn't as nasty anymore too, although he does still have some naaaaasty gas. hahaha

:peace:

Question: When was your pit full grown? Poplin is about 17 months old and he still has lots of loose skin around his neck, making me think he's still got a bit of growing to do.
hyperbole

Postby concreterose » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:03 pm

YAY Poplin :))
Canidae's a good kibble. Good luck!
concreterose
Regulator

Postby jmann4 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:24 pm

Glad to hear he's doing better.
jmann4

Re: Poplin's health update

Postby moto1320 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:32 pm

hyperjoga wrote:Question: When was your pit full grown? Poplin is about 17 months old and he still has lots of loose skin around his neck, making me think he's still got a bit of growing to do.

Mine still have it, and they are full grown. Glad to hear your pup is getting healthy. :thumbsup: Vegetarian dog food... :roll:poor thing. Good thing you got him. hee hee.
moto1320
Regulator

Postby katsola » Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:11 pm

It sound like he's doing great. My friend rescued a dog that had been on Science Diet and he had some 'powerful gas'. My friend changed his diet and his poops are normal and then slowly after that the gas started to go away. It must just take a little longer. His stinkster breath is gone too. So cross your fingers.
katsola

Return to Health Issues