Eye Boogers

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Eye Boogers

Postby mnp13 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am

Ruby has eye boogers all the time. They are just the dark grayish brown ones, but they are still kinda gross. I have been told they are linked to diet, and I have definately seen a change in them since I switched her food a few months ago, but they don't seem to go completely away.

Does anyone have a dog that has no eye boogers? What do you feed? Raw food people - I'd love to know if the raw diet had any affect in this area?

My mom's dog has a wheat allergy, and if she eats the wrong food she gets thick bright green eye boogers... major :yucky:

Michelle
mnp13

Postby jmann4 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:33 am

Both my dogs have eye boogers. One eats raw the other doesn't. Angel (she's on raw food) doesn't get them bad. I wipe them from her eyes each time I notice them with a tissue with saline solution on it.

I think it's just normal. Some will get them worse than others I'm sure. Honey gets white and sometimes green eye boogers because of her eye infection.

I've never heard it was linked to diet before. Interesting.
jmann4

Postby mydogroxy » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:44 am

i've always heard this was linked either to diet or allergies. when we first got roxy she was eating eukaneuba and had horrible eye boogers. every morning there would be these huge goobers in the corner of her eyes. the minute we switched foods they lessened, and now on barf it's reduced to little wet-ish spots.
mydogroxy
Bully Ambassador

Postby concreterose » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:18 am

Pookie and Vicki get eye boogers. Pookie gets clear, slimy ones (vet said because of her age) and Vicki gets little white ones right in the corner. Daphne, the rat terrier,doesn't get boogers, but she has wet spots in the corners of her eyes.They all eat Solid Gold and Canidae.
concreterose
Regulator

Postby katsola » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:07 pm

Maya gets tiny eye boogers too. Houston is bad for allergies and pollen and of course pollution one of the top 5, I believe. Once she did take some meds for it--when they were followed by teary wet eyes that seemed a little more than just boogers.
katsola

Postby hyperbole » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:22 pm

Poplin just gets them in the mornings when he wakes up and occasionally he has some in the evenings when I get home from work.

Kim, my fiance, thinks they're gross and she won't wipe 'em away, so I've got to do it all the time. haha
hyperbole

Postby CinderDee » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:58 pm

Kato has them too, but I think they're from his allergies. I've just switched his diet, so I'm eager to see if they go away.
CinderDee
Bully Ambassador

Postby VinR1 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:09 pm

Athos used to have HUGE dark green eye boogers every morning... and smaller ones roughly every 2 hours whenever he was on Purina Puppy Chow...

...since I switched to raw diet, the eye boogers have all but disappeared... usually no more than a clear tear in one eye... and thats only whenever hes outside so Im assuming that has more to do with the weather
VinR1

Postby barbponys » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:48 pm

Neither of my dogs have eye boogers. Ocassionally Sahsa will get them, usually when we've been out riding where it's dusty.
With Goliaths allergies his creases will get crusty sometimes and he tears, but no boogers.
They both eat raw.
Pat
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby Boo439 » Sat May 01, 2004 7:01 am

Toda almost NEVER gets boggies and Sadie has them 24/7. They both eat the same thing, so who knows...
Boo439

Return to Health Issues