what up doe Pitbullforum.com?!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
bella_blue
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby bella_blue » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:30 pm

Welcome! Gorgeous dogs! In 8 months, your female will still be much too young to breed, and your male MUCH, MUCH too young to breed. Please stick around and read the breeder's code of ethics and learn about responsible breeding practices.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:33 pm

What she said :goodpost:
Welcome to PBF, you'll learn tons here!

BrindleBane
Newborn Bully

Postby BrindleBane » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:36 pm

Welcome to the forum, your enthusiasm is great....but please do not breed your dogs yet for both of them are far to young, your female could potentially die from early breading....remember she is only 7 years old in dog years just a child!!!! READ READ READ AND YOU WILL BECOME ENLIGHTENED!!!! ONCE AGAIN WELCOME and your dogs are beautiful!

bella_blue
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby bella_blue » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:36 pm

There are a few things that stick out to me in your post. You said you found Kane walking alone? How do you know his pedigree/bloodlines if he was a stray? Also, APBTs are NOT supposed to have the temperament of a guard dog.

bella_blue
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby bella_blue » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:33 pm

He's a cutie! I had a foster pup that looked just like him, big tall ears and everything. She was a pit bull/lab mix, though.

Since you don't have a pedigree on Kane, you should most definitely reconsider breeding him. Without knowing what's behind him in terms of temperament, health, working ability, etc., you won't have any idea what the puppies will turn out like. And you don't even know for certain that he is purebred.

What do you mean when you say Diamond's mom is "Full Red"?

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:35 pm

He almost looks like he's part German Shepherd dog, which also could be why he's more "protective".

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:00 pm

Welcome!

I have to agree with msvette. Something about Kane nose does make me think of a shepard.

They are both very good looking pups.

Julie

mommy2kane
Addicted to PBF

Postby mommy2kane » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:52 pm

Welcome! This is a very imformative site, a lot to learn.

I agree - I can see some shepherd in Kane.

jazminesgranny
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jazminesgranny » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:40 pm

Beautiful pups.. I agree with the others though about Kane... I had a shepard/pit mix years ago that looks exactly like him...

I would learn more about responsible breeding though before you breed your female.. She is a bit to young to do it now...

Welcome to the board hope you stick around and learn lots!!

Debby

LilosDaddy
Adolescent Bully

Postby LilosDaddy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:10 am

Something about Kane makes me think of my Lilo. I think it's the color, the ears and the white crest.
Lilo:
I wanted a pic that showed the white crest, this was all I could find.
Anyway, we're unsure of her lineage, too. But, we think American pit bull terrier/bull terrier? We're not sure, though.

But, anyway, I was wondering why you wanna breed so young myself?

Other than that, you seem awesome. Welcome to the forums and happy posting.

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:47 am

msvette2u wrote:He almost looks like he's part German Shepherd dog, which also could be why he's more "protective".

Yeah, I was going to say something like that. He looks mixed to me. Of course, as long as he's loved, that doesn't matter.

Welcome to the forum. :)

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Re: what up doe Pitbullforum.com?!

Postby bahamutt99 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:53 am

DiamondnKane wrote:I hope to Breed her in about 8 months with Kane.

I didn't see this when I posted. Bad idea. I think everyone here will tell you that breeding is not something to be done casually, and not something you'd do just because you found a male on the street that you think might be purebred. Please stick around and read a bit about responsible breeding. It should only be done to improve the breed, using registered dogs who are titled, health-tested, temperamentally sound, of correct structure, and you should have a waiting list lined up before you do the deed.

benny*kaya*sadie
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby benny*kaya*sadie » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:07 am

Welcome to the forum!!! beautiful pups!! Please please please reconsider breeding from someone who has done it before if you think you are going to make money you will most likely not (thats not why i did it) it cost a lot of money to take care of a preggo dog, vitamins, food, vet visits what happens if something goes wrong in delivery. And then when the puppies are here i was paying over 400 dollars a month in puppy food/vitamins. This isnt even the most important reason there are sooooo many loving/deserving pit bulls in the shelter that are losing out on homes...i wish i would have educated my self more before doing it! Dogs that are being abused everyday because someone wants an OH SO CUTE PUPPY and when he grows up and isnt so cute anymore... Just do a little research on this site.

Return to “Introductions”