Top 5 Foods

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby concreterose » Mon May 19, 2008 9:40 pm

Carrey, you are giving people advice about food, and Dawn looks like she hasn't eaten a good meal in months. What gives?
concreterose
Regulator

Postby cheeky » Mon May 19, 2008 9:55 pm

IS Evo what you WEREN'T feeding Dawn? :po:
cheeky
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby dentat2 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:11 pm

what about diamond??

http://www.diamondpet.com
dentat2
Newborn Bully

Postby keithcrmr » Mon May 26, 2008 10:34 pm

while trying to maintain a great diet for my dogs i find the timberwolf to be out of my pric range for two dogs. is it acceptable to mix timberwolf with a lower quality food such as nutro to save some cash or is this unaccebtable?
keithcrmr
Newborn Bully

Postby usurpers26 » Tue May 27, 2008 8:14 am

Don't forget to compare the amount you are feeding between say, nutro and TW. You will usually feed a lot less with a high quality kibble - this may make the price more manageable.

keithcrmr wrote:while trying to maintain a great diet for my dogs i find the timberwolf to be out of my pric range for two dogs. is it acceptable to mix timberwolf with a lower quality food such as nutro to save some cash or is this unaccebtable?
usurpers26
Matured Bully

Postby Siren » Thu May 29, 2008 8:28 pm

I have had my dogs (shepherd mixes) on Nutro for almost 2 years now. Mind you, they did well on it. Their coats and skin have been fine. Myan could lose some weight, but no matter that I fed her lite and less of it, she still kept the weight on, not obese, but could spare to lose some weightage.

Recently with all the crap going on with Nutro between the China recall, then the food shortage, and then the price increase....I have had it with Nutro! For nearly a month, I was feeding them Evo. Great great food...REALLY wanted my dogs to like it...they did....problem was, they got explosive projectile sh*t. I did a slow switch over from Nutro to Evo too. But it didn't help. I finally gave up. Bought them a back of Nature's Variety chicken kibble and prayed. They had no problem digesting it. So YEAH!

Then I noticed an amazing thing...Myan dropped off the extra weight. Mind you, I gave up on getting her to lose it. No extra exercise, just NV dry food. I did some more research into dog foods and believe it was the grains (aka carbs) keeping the weight on her.

The other day they ran out of chicken. So I had to get another flavor. I was afraid to try anything new after the whole month long sh*ts. The flavors they had at the time was Venison or Rabbit...so it was Bambi or Thumper. I have a pet rabbit, but I love deer too. I ultimately chose rabbit. The dogs loved it. My pet rabbit....thank god he can't read because the bag of dog food is by his cage!

And I see how their marketing works. The bag of rabbit came with a coupon for a free 1lbs of raw. Again, afraid of the sh*ts, but took advantage of it and got lamb. I fed it to my dogs and 2 cats. One cat turned her nose up at, no surprise. The other cat chowed it down like no tomorrow. The dogs ate it up. And then I waited. No puking, no sh*ts! Hallelujah! I found a food they can digest, is good for them, and I can (somewhat) afford! I got them another bag of raw tonight chicken+turkey and they chowed that down too. Except the one cat, I think because it was still cold. I think she preferred it warmed up. But how does one warm up raw without cooking away the good stuff??

In all, I am very happy with the food!! And highly recommend it
Siren
Addicted to PBF

Postby puertorifan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:16 pm

After recently joining the forum and doing some research..... i quickly found out where i could get my hands on some Nature's Variety.... Boomer had no ploblems at all switching over and in 1.5 weeks his coat is already shinier and softer....and seems to have leaned down quite a bit...

as for the warm up of the raw foods.....i have 2 boa constrictors that i feed frozen rabbits....so here is the trick.....after the meat has thawed...leave it in its packaging or put it in a ziplock back and submurge it in some hot water for about 5 minutes....that brings the temp up just enough with "cooking" the meat!
puertorifan
Newborn Bully

Postby puertorifan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:23 pm

sorry i meant withOUT "cooking" the meat
puertorifan
Newborn Bully

recall:

Postby bulldogger72 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:23 pm

for you folks who feed timberwolf....

News & Events

Dakota Bison/Ocean Blue Reported Issues

Timberwolf Organics Customer,

Due to recent reports from some customers, we have ordered that two formulas from three specific dates be pulled from the shelves. These are:

Dakota Bison with 'best by date' of 12 Feb 2009
Ocean Blue with 'best by date' of 20 Feb 2009
Ocean Blue with best by date' of 8 March 2009

The reported symptoms include dogs refusing to eat, diarrhea or vomiting. While the problem is inconsistent (not every dog eating food from those dates/bag show the symptoms and not every bag), to err on the side of caution have decided to pull the formulas produced with the above dates. Initial testing has come back negative for problems and further testing is pending results.

As soon as the cause of this reported problem is determined procedures will be put into place to ensure that an event like this cannot happen again. Please be assured that no other formulas and Ocean Blue and Dakota Bison with dates other than ones listed above are not affected.

We apologize for any inconvenience or problems that this may have resulted in. If you do have a bag with those dates please contact the retailer you purchased it from for an exchange or credit. If you purchased it directly from us please give us a call or email us at customer.support@timberwolforganics.com.

Thank you for choosing Timberwolf Organics.

Sincerely,

Timberwolf Organics Team
bulldogger72
Matured Bully

Postby Clayton4 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:05 pm

My guys haven't had a problem with it yet.
Clayton4
Newborn Bully

Postby Sandwich » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:56 pm

I just went through my first bag of Innova for my pit. I'm not sure which variety it was but it was the darker green bag. He likes it and had no problem switching over from science diet but one thing i noticed with the innova is... his poop is almost always really soft. Chunky at the beginning and then a soft peanut buttery finish :yucky: lol I don't know if that's good or bad but he didn't have that issue on science diet.

I noticed someone said something about with Innova the dog should be very active. I wouldn't say he's VERY active since i dont have a fenced in yard.. but his primary exercise comes from our morning and nighttime walks, with some yard time in between but not too much since no fence yet.

and at $55 a bag, the Innova is expensive..although i dont mind spending money on him.
Sandwich
Newborn Bully

Postby akaspaddero » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:48 pm

I just wanted to say I had blood work done on Jake since I have fed him the EVO for the past 8 months. And I was concerned with kidney liver functions due to the protein

Happy to say everything fell within the normal range. We will continue to get yearly blood panels done
akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby medagrl » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:33 pm

So I went down to Costco and purchases the Adult Lamb, Rice and Vegetable Formula. They didn't have any puppy. She weighs 15lbs -ish so I was wondering should I add an extra cup each day?

Any suggestions would help thanks!! :oops:
medagrl

Postby alex503 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:29 pm

here in el salvador you dont find any of those you just mentioned
do you know any other brands that may be of good quality

down here you could find EUKANUBA and PROPLAN
and well PEDIGREE you also find DOGCHOW and some others.

which one would you recomend and can i mix the dog food with some home made food or some other kind of raw food so the dogs can have the vatamins and proteins they need
alex503
Newborn Bully

Postby jiu-pitsu » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:22 pm

I'm pretty much sold on timberwolf but wanted to know what you guy's thought of solid gold barking at the moon or mmillenia.
jiu-pitsu
Newborn Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues