Toda's off to the vet tomorrow

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby JaquelineC » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:48 am

You are in our thoughts and we're sending happy-healthy vibes your and Toda's way...
:pray
JaquelineC

Postby hyperbole » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:44 am

Best wishes from the Pac NW..
hyperbole

Postby Boo439 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:58 am

Thanks everyone... What's really scary to me is how normal everything is right now. It's like nothing is wrong with him at all. To think inside him, his body could be going crazy with God-knows-what. I am praying that it is only epilepsy. That's the easiest, well-lit road to go down for both of us. Medication and BAM everythings okay. The other two are dark alleys with a dead end :frown:
Boo439

Postby mnp13 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:32 am

Boo439 wrote:The other two are dark alleys with a dead end

One of the liver surgeries had a 95% success rate. That's a good thing.

I would also encourage you to seek a few other opinions if your vet finds the worst. Alternative medicine has been extrememly sucessful withsome people, it could also help your dog.

Michelle
mnp13

Postby raebo » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:39 pm

How very scary and awful. I'm hoping for the best for you and yours.

Rae
raebo
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Boo439 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:58 pm

I plan on running the results by the vet that I used to work for that I was close with. I'd have gone to him already, but we moved 2 1/2 hours from there. Otherwise I'd probably be working there now.

Right now, Toda is getting even more special treatment than he usually gets. I'm taking the kitten food and litter box out of the bedroom tonight and closing the door and pocket door to keep him confined to a smaller area of the house. He gets to sleep in the bedroom now. Unless Sadie whines like crazy tonight because he's not in the crate next door. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Toda appreciates it and so do we. :bowdown:
Boo439

Postby CinderDee » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:55 pm

I have a friend who had her cat operated on for a liver shunt a few years ago and he's doing really well.

You & Toda are in my thoughts & prayers. :pray

Dee
CinderDee
Bully Ambassador

Postby moto1320 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 pm

Good luck with everything. I know how scary this must be for you guys. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
moto1320
Regulator

Postby katsola » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:20 am

Just for future reference: I do know a dog (a G Shepherd) who has use alternative medicine for his epilepsy- specifically acupuncture. And the dog I spoke of earlier the Silky had a very mild case of epilepsy. Both are doing great. So if it comes to that then let me know. It may take some time but I will see if they will exchange an email address or give some more info. Just FYI! Not forecasting or jumping to any conclusions

I pray that all is well with Toda too!
katsola

Postby Boo439 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:05 pm

Thanks guys. His preliminary blood work came back negative for liver shunt, but his urine has high bilirubin (liver factor). He has another kind of test tommorrow, I can't remember what it's called. If the liver is positive, it's off to ultrasound. If it's negative, it's off to the neurologist (brain tumor). If both are negative, it's epilepsy by elimination.
Boo439

Postby CinderDee » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:55 pm

Thanks for the update.

Good luck!
Dee
CinderDee
Bully Ambassador

Postby Boo439 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:07 am

Well, Toda went and peed in their cup this morning and ended up coming close to another fit. We're going back after my Dr.'s appointment and giving the first sample of blood. Then Toda gets to eat and has to go back four hours later to give another sample of blood. It'll probably take 2 days or so to get those results back. I think I'll know the urine results, today. Toda threw up when we got back and it was nothing but bile. This scares me, because that's what they're testing for in his blood today. I'm still trying to keep a positive outlook.
Boo439

Postby Boo439 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:47 am

Toda had an episode when I stopped in at my Dr. to pick up my prescription. I got him to the vet and he gave his blood and ate his food. When the Dr. left and the tech came in, she was being really nice talking to him and he had another episode, thankfully the Dr. had only just stepped out of the room. She came right in and witnessed first hand what I had been telling her about. I told her that it's the same as he had being going through up until now. We're going to give more blood at 12:45.

BTW, his urine came back clean, woohoo, Toda passed his drug test... I mean test.

Here he is, after a long day, so far... on the way to the vet
After:
Last edited by Boo439 on Mon May 10, 2004 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boo439

Postby concreterose » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:35 am

Poor baby....I'm claiming that he'll be ok :pray
concreterose
Regulator

Postby CinderDee » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:48 am

Awww, poor baby. :sad:

Sending you both healing vibes.

Dee
CinderDee
Bully Ambassador

PreviousNext