My dogs diet

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

My dogs diet

Postby abman » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:18 pm

I see that some people like using kibble, some like using raw meat, while others like using some of both. I choose to use some of both and here are some of the reasons why.

I like to add raw meat to the dogs diet since I know at least it is a good meat source. True I have no idea what steroids, chemicals have been added to the meat but I do know that it is a piece of chicken. When it comes to kibble, i have no clue what kind of chicken was added to the meal at rendering time. The chicken could have been sitting in the sun all day long in a pile of floor sweeping.

So I took a different approach to feeding my dogs and it has made a world of difference. I feed kibble in the morning and raw/home cooked at night. The purpose of the kibble is to make sure they get the needed vitamins and minerals. That allows me the opportunity to be selective with what meat I give them. Very rarely do you see fat dogs while on a raw diet.
abman
Matured Bully

Postby jmann4 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:12 am

I feed a mixed diet as well. It's more affordable for me. High end kibble can go a lot longer if mixed with a good home made meal. Instead of 2 cups a day I use one cup a day.

Generally I feed what I eat. If I'm cooking out, they get hamburgers and steak. If I'm cooking in the house they get some raw chicken, fish, etc...
jmann4

Postby concreterose » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:35 am

Jmann when you gonna invite me over for dinner? Chicken, fish, hamburgers YUM lol
concreterose
Regulator

Postby barbponys » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:27 pm

I do half and half for exactly the same reason. I have a LOT of mouths to feed so the dogs and cat get both raw and dry. I have a pug and he is fat, he eats primarily raw but for some reason he stays rolly polly. Gotta love them. Sasha on the other hand is real lean, stays that way even during winter.

Pat
barbponys
Health Guru

Return to Health Issues