Spaying

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Spaying

Postby turboblaze » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:21 pm

Did your Female Pitties gain alot of weight after getting them spayed. I just had my Pit spayed today and was wondering because she looks beautiful now as she is, she has excellent muscle tone.
turboblaze

Postby Boo439 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:24 pm

Don't let her pig out at every meal and she should be fine. Toda hasn't gained a pound since being neutered in December. One of the female cats I had was spayed at 8 weeks and by the time she was a year old, she was 16 pounds. I didn't overfeed her or anything. It probably depends on your dog.

Oh yeah, get her into some serious stuff like spring pole, make her work the calories off. She'll thank you later when she looks in the mirror :))
Boo439

Postby HugABull1 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:41 pm

Angel's been spayed for well over a year now, and hasn't gained any weight. Spaying didn't change anything with her except no puppies of course!!!

It's too soon to tell with Sugar, but I don't forsee any changes based on her being spayed - I think the whole "it mellows them out" thing is a myth personally...
HugABull1
www.HugABull.com

Postby concreterose » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:47 pm

I was wondering the same thing about Vicki. She just got spayed, and I really like her muscle tone and weight. Should I adjust her food when she comes home? She currently eats a cup of food in the morning and one cup at night. She'll be 12 months in a few days.
concreterose
Regulator

Postby turboblaze » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:36 pm

thanks for the info guys. I ordered a springpole kit for her it just hasnt arrived yet. Oh yeah she loves to play tug-of-war and man is she strong.
turboblaze

Postby mnp13 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:38 pm

Your dog will get fat if you feed her too much and exercise her too little.

That is the only way. 8)

Michelle
mnp13

Postby jmann4 » Sat May 01, 2004 9:18 am

My girls gained a little weight. But not enough to make a huge difference in appearence.
jmann4

Postby mydogroxy » Sat May 01, 2004 9:30 am

roxy didn't gain any weight after being spayed, other than the normal weight from growing. i didn't adjust her food or anything, i just make sure she gets enough excersize. she's a lean 48 lbs.
mydogroxy
Bully Ambassador

Return to Health Issues