Toda's off to the vet tomorrow

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby katsola » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:59 am

Good news on the pee test. Perhaps the bile thing was just because you mention he wasn't able to eat until after his tests. Nothing in his tum tum yet. :)

I'll keep praying for him.
katsola

Postby hyperbole » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:28 am

we're still thinking about him too! He looks like a hardcore trooper in that "end of a long day" pic, I'm sure he'll be kicking ass again in no time.

:headbang: ;)
hyperbole

Postby Boo439 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:30 pm

Dr. McCallum just called me and Toda's liver bile test was normal :headbang:

The next step is a $1500 trip to neurologist for an M.R.I. to rule out a brain tumor. I'd have believed it was a liver shunt before I'd believe it's a brain tumor. I still doubt it is. The only problem is, epilepsy can only be diagnosed through exclusion. If he's negative for the brain tumor, I have an epileptic puppy and I can live with that. Very happily :))

Can't get too ahead of myself, though, a tumor still is a possibility. I'll let you know when the process gets further along. I don't have $1500 today. Mortgage is due on the 1st for $1400. I had been out of work for a sprained shoulder and only went back to work Wednesday.

I think it can wait a little bit, anyway, because as long as Toda doesn't get hyped up, he doesn't have any seizures. It is seriously cutting into our play time, though :(

Thanks for everyone's concerns, we'll keep you up to date!
Boo439

Postby damienApbt » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:31 pm

good luck boo. my prayers are with you guys. the money will come.
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby katsola » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:56 pm

I am glad to here that there is some good news. I will pray for Toda and the money to come in.
katsola

Postby Boo439 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:23 pm

katsola wrote:I am glad to here that there is some good news. I will pray for Toda and the money to come in.

Heck yeah, lemme see some winning lotto numbers lol
Boo439

Postby heather » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:38 pm

i am thinking of you and hoping for the best...
heather
Addicted to PBF

Postby Spurby » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:47 pm

That is so scary, i am hoping for the best for you and Toda, good thoughts going your way!
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby katsola » Sat May 01, 2004 12:33 pm

Here ya' go Boo! I think in another post you mentioned pit bull scrubs? So it sounds like you career involves service to others in some way. I had chinese last night and this was my fortune.

Hey, it's worth a shot! :))
katsola

Postby Boo439 » Sat May 01, 2004 12:42 pm

Close enough for me, thanks for remembering me. I feel so special. I'm gonna use those numbers tonight. If I win I'll give you a cut of the winnings!!
Boo439

Postby HugABull1 » Mon May 03, 2004 12:23 pm

Boo - How's Toda? Is keeping him quiet helping? Me & my pooches are thinking of you :)
HugABull1
www.HugABull.com

Postby Boo439 » Mon May 03, 2004 12:41 pm

Toda has not had a fit for a few days. Then again we aren't playing or anything :( He has to go in the bedroom with the door shut on the left and the two pocket-doors closed on the right when company comes. There is a "circle" through my house. Walk in the bedroom from the living room, curve left through the "nursery/office" through a pocket door past 2 bedrooms and there is another pocket door before you get back into the living room.

It's driving both of the dogs crazy not to see eachother. They can't play, we can't play. But until I know what's wrong with him, it has to be this way. :(
Boo439

Postby HugABull1 » Mon May 03, 2004 10:31 pm

I'm glad he's had no more "fits", but it sure doesn't sound like much fun. Poor guy. I hope everything turns out okay.
HugABull1
www.HugABull.com

Postby Boo439 » Tue May 04, 2004 5:12 am

Me too, my vet is hounding me to make an appt. with the neurologist. I have to tell her today that I can in no way afford it. She's going to think I'm a bad mommy :(
Boo439

Postby mnp13 » Tue May 04, 2004 8:42 am

What about a vet school? Cornell is not far from me, and if it is a case of something relatively rare or 'weird' they will look at animals for reduced costs or free.

You can also have your animal looked at by a student as a teaching case depending on the ailement.

Your vet would have to be on board with this idea, as most schools won't speak to owners, just vets.

Just another thought.

Have you had a chance to look into CareCredit?

Michelle
mnp13

Previous

Return to Health Issues