Do you think this really works??

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Do you think this really works??

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:03 pm

I was just wondering what everyone thought about this and if you guys think it would really work?? Isn't it just like a prong collar or choke collar just plastic??

theperfectdog.com

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:04 pm

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:06 pm

I think this is to good to be true. It is suppose to even help with clipping their toenails?? lol

Stormi
Addicted to PBF

Postby Stormi » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:17 pm

oh boy. you're kidding me right? :po:

Stormi
Addicted to PBF

Postby Stormi » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:18 pm

You can’t correct your dog after the fact; he won’t understand what you are correcting him for…Dogs have an amazing memory!

This statement alone tells me they have a very poor concept of dog behavior.

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:20 pm

It says it can correct anything! haha

This is very interesting...

http://www.thane.com/products/promos/pe ... aq.php#q24

gemglo
Adolescent Bully

Postby gemglo » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:55 pm

I saw the infomerical for this last week! It was part of some guys training DVD set. It made unbelievable claims, instant results for all sorts of behavior issues. :yucky:

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:04 pm

lol...I saw the infomercial today too! I was just thinking while watching it, my dogs would never listen with that thing on and I do not think that would really be worth the money. How can a collar correct cutting dogs toe nails?? haha..Infomercials always over exaggerate!

Amie

Postby Amie » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:33 pm

Stormi wrote:
You can’t correct your dog after the fact; he won’t understand what you are correcting him for…Dogs have an amazing memory!

This statement alone tells me they have a very poor concept of dog behavior.

Yup. No one says "the dog can't remember" - it's that the dog won't connect your correction with what he did wrong instead of the 47 other things he thought of since then.

From the "myths" page:
By giving your dog food from your hand you are teaching him that you are his subordinate!

He should be feeding you, instead! After all, momma dogs are submissive to their pups every time they nurse! And the submissive dog always gets first dibs at the kill and then backs off for the dominant dogs to get sloppy seconds!

I do, obviously, like this part:
It is only the “dangerous” breeds that bite and attack…A dangerous assumption! It is obvious that, in general, the more powerful the physical structure of the dog, the more damage it can potentially cause. This is why certain breeds have appeared more prominently in the news over the years. However, this gives society a false impression that it is only these types of dogs that are potentially aggressive. There are more than 4.7 million reported dog bites annually in the United States, however the majority of dog bites are never reported to local authorities. Many of the bites are caused by smaller dog breeds and are not reported because the damage they cause is less significant. (Although, this in no way diminishes the importance of training smaller dogs to control their behavior).

But this is just plain dangerous:
A dog can be trained to override his natural born instincts and happily redirect his attention to more desirable activities.

Because all you have to do is find the more desirable thing to stop a dog fight, right? Except... uh... what is that more desireable thing again?

Still... if he ever drops it down to ONE low payment... I might buy it just to see what he says.

hwillm1977
Addicted to PBF

Postby hwillm1977 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:42 pm

gemglo wrote:I saw the infomerical for this last week! It was part of some guys training DVD set. It made unbelievable claims, instant results for all sorts of behavior issues. :yucky:

Yep, I saw the infomercial too! Did you notice the little disclaimer along the bottom?

*** will not work for pit bulls and aggressive dogs ***

lol :yucky:

Amie

Postby Amie » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:08 am

OMG OMG OMG

I saw the infomercial a few weeks ago and totally didn't see that.

Now I want to call and ask him why he can't train smart dogs?

Wow.

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:34 am

lol, I was just going to order to see what the heck it is!

Stormi
Addicted to PBF

Postby Stormi » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:22 pm

Amie wrote:
Now I want to call and ask him why he can't train smart dogs?

Hmmm... I may just have to do that. If for nothing else, for my own amusement lol

gemglo
Adolescent Bully

Postby gemglo » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:55 pm

hwillm1977 wrote:
Yep, I saw the infomercial too! Did you notice the little disclaimer along the bottom?

*** will not work for pit bulls and aggressive dogs ***

lol :yucky:

OMG! I couldn't read it! Too small of print for me! So does that mean that his claim to fix aggression problems quickly, only fixes aggression in dogs who are not aggressive?!? lol

hwillm1977
Addicted to PBF

Postby hwillm1977 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:00 pm

Isn't the 'personally designed command collar' just a plastic prong collar? At least it looks like a variation in the pictures...

I have a love/hate relationship with infomercials... I would like to order this to see if it works, but I don't want to spend $60 on it. Neither of my dogs are aggressive with other dogs, so maybe they wouldn't be classified like those other pit bulls... lol

Return to “Training and Behavior”