Bloodwork before a spay

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby katsola » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:16 pm

Good Luck with Miss Vicki. They probably just want to make sure everything is okay. Perhaps they are just trying to be cautious. I am not sure if the anesthesia can affect those organs when she's coming out of surgery. The thyroid in humans regulates the metabolism and various other stuff. The liver and kidney's filter and clean out toxins in humans. I imagine they perform the same functions in dogs. I am no doctor but perhaps they just want to double check that the anesthesia will leave her body safely as normal. That's my best guess, being a lay person.

I am sure Miss Vicki will be fine through it all. As you know from Chilli, just keep an eye on those stitches!
katsola

Postby concreterose » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:43 pm

Thanks! I'm NOT happy about her having to spend the night away from home...but I know she's in good hands!
concreterose
Regulator

Postby katsola » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:30 pm

I gave Miss Maya Papaya one of my sweatshirts that I had on at the time. I thought maybe it would comfort her a little. I got the idea from my friend who left me some t-shirts from her and her BF for their cat while they were in Greece. He would sleep on them. So funny. :))
katsola

Postby concreterose » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:30 pm

That's a good idea..I'll send her with one of my old t-shirts :)
concreterose
Regulator

Postby concreterose » Sat May 01, 2004 12:01 pm

Well everybody...Vicki's home :))
Her bloodwork and everything came back normal. My vet will usually under NO circumstances release the dog until the next day. Vicki went in for her surgery at 9am. They operated on her @ 1pm. They called me at 4pm saying that Vicki had TOTALLY waken up from the anesthesia and could come home. I asked them what happened to the overnight, and they said she was ready to come home. I asked them why she woke up so fast and they said 'cause she's so hyper lol
concreterose
Regulator

Postby myers » Sat May 01, 2004 12:07 pm

excellent!!!! I'm very glad to hear everything went well for her. just keep an eye on the stiches for anything strange and your baby will be fine.
myers

Postby katsola » Sat May 01, 2004 12:28 pm

I am glad she is doing well!! Bully's know how to get the job done!! :)) Vickie knew she didn't want a sleep over at the vet! So she made sure she was awake and ready to go home before close of business! Smarty pants. roflmao
katsola

Previous

Return to Health Issues