good dog food

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

good dog food

Postby yuk237 » Sat May 01, 2004 7:00 pm

I was reading some of the other topics about food and was was wondering if Royal Canin is decent food. When I first got my puppie i was feeding him Purina puppy chow. I had no idea how bad store brand foods like that are until I started reading things on this site, so I wanted to promptly switch my food. I the pet store the only top of the line food they carried was nutro and Royal canin. I went with Royal Canin was this a bad decision? :huh?:
yuk237

Postby myers » Sat May 01, 2004 7:30 pm

I just switched to Nutro max puppy for Daisy. I tried just about everything and thats all she would eat. I don't know too much about Royal canin so if you just look at the nutrition info on the side of the bag that will tell you everything. Basically i like to stay away from by-products and not too many fillers. And i like to be able to pronounce all the ingridents easily. If i cant say it, i don't want my dogs eating it.
myers

Postby mnp13 » Sun May 02, 2004 5:02 pm

I have been feeding Royal Canin for nearly a year and have had great results from it. The Natural Choice gave her a great coat, but she didn't really like the food. She's now on Select Choice and her coat is still great, but she has some dander. Everything else was the same between the two foods - their best and second best lines.

Michelle
mnp13

Postby yuk237 » Mon May 03, 2004 9:16 pm

Thanks for the advise guys :peace:
yuk237

Return to Health Issues