Top 5 Foods

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby Allie » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:59 am

RD, what foods are available in your area other than Diamond? It's not a horrific choice, but you might be able to step it up.
Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Razors_Diesel » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:37 pm

not sure about all the brands i bought the diamond food at tractor supply.
heres the choices theres about 136 or somthing..

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs ... 72%7C14574

i see that they have natures choice and a few other brands that ive read on this forum .. so where should i start????
Razors_Diesel
Matured Bully

Postby Murfins » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:25 pm

I think out of the choices you have at this one store, I would personally probably go with Blue, but I by no means am a food expert.
Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:42 pm

Murfins wrote:I think out of the choices you have at this one store, I would personally probably go with Blue, but I by no means am a food expert.

I agree, I guess. If this store is your only choice, I'd probably go with the Blue.
Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Razors_Diesel » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:15 pm

its not the only store that i can go to but the closest. there s a few feed stores around my area but dont have any web sites

but anyways thanks for the response everyone :peace:

PITBULLS ROCK :headbang:
Razors_Diesel
Matured Bully

Solid Gold.

Postby ams036 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:11 pm

I have been looking into the Solid Gold Wolf king and it looks like a good food. I was wondering everyones intake on it.

Bison, Salmon Meal, Brown Rice, Millet, Cracked Pearled Barley, Rice Bran, Canola Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Garlic, Amaranth, Blueberries, Yucca Schidegera Extract, Taurine, Carotene, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, (a chelated source of iron), Zinc Proteinate (a chelated source of zinc), Copper Proteinate (a chelated source of copper), Manganese Proteinate (a chelated source of manganese), Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Vitamin D Supplement, Folic Acid.
ams036
Adolescent Bully

Re: Solid Gold.

Postby spoon » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:53 pm

ams036 wrote:I have been looking into the Solid Gold Wolf king and it looks like a good food. I was wondering everyones intake on it.

Bison, Salmon Meal, Brown Rice <snip>

FILLER!
spoon
Newborn Bully

Postby spoon » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:56 pm

Razors_Diesel wrote:so where should i start????

I feed my hunny bunny Evo Red Meat. The pic of the Bernese on their webpage is freaking awesome! I just love those dogs... they don't shed and they don't drool and they weigh like 150lbs or more!

http://www.evopet.com/
spoon
Newborn Bully

Re: Solid Gold.

Postby merriterrier » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:16 pm

ams036 wrote:I have been looking into the Solid Gold Wolf king and it looks like a good food. I was wondering everyones intake on it.

Bison, Salmon Meal, Brown Rice, Millet, Cracked Pearled Barley, Rice Bran, Canola Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Garlic, Amaranth, Blueberries, Yucca Schidegera Extract, Taurine, Carotene, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, (a chelated source of iron), Zinc Proteinate (a chelated source of zinc), Copper Proteinate (a chelated source of copper), Manganese Proteinate (a chelated source of manganese), Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Vitamin D Supplement, Folic Acid.

Solid Gold is a decent food. I have fed it in the past with good results. In fact I was recently given a couple huge bags of the Wolf King and have been using it for dogs passing through and they seem to like it and do well on it. It is certainly not the best, but it isn't bad, and considering it is easily available, I think it is a doable food.

Spoon- I have not known a Berner that doesn't shed and drool, and I know several. lol Awesome dogs though...
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ruger » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:08 pm

Can we get a new top 5 or 10 from anyone?
This top 5 was very helful, just wanna make sure that over 3 years later it would still be the same. And if not, what will the new ones be?
Ruger
Adolescent Bully

Postby MissLelee » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:47 pm

Ruger wrote:Can we get a new top 5 or 10 from anyone?
This top 5 was very helful, just wanna make sure that over 3 years later it would still be the same. And if not, what will the new ones be?

I just recently was introduced to a company called Fromm Family... They are located in Winsconsin and they have a grain free kibble that my Jigga really enjoys... I went to the pet store with the intention on buying the Orijen - Large Breed Puppy(which is very expensive) but the owner swayed my decision when I saw her beautiful bully puppy... he was a nice size with a coat that was shinnig and so healthy looking... so until so big news breaks about this company I'm sticking with Fromm - Surf & Turf (Grain Free Entree) I purchased a 5lb bag for 11.50 which included tax and Chicago has the highest city/county tax in the nation :wow ... so I think that is a fair price for premium kibble and my baby just loves it :inlove: (2/3 Oof a cup in the am and pm)... If anyone has there bully on this kibble I would love to know what you think... this is week one for us...

www.frommfamily.com/

http://www.frommfamily.com/products-fs- ... d-turf.php
MissLelee
Newborn Bully

Postby Vivid » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:05 pm

I really would like to switch my pup to a RAW diet but at the moment its not possible so i found a store that carries some of the brands that i have seen you guys talk about on this site. I will list them below.
Wellness
Natural Choice
Max
Evolve
Innova
Solid Gold
California Natural
Chicken Soup
Canidae
Merrick
Which food would you guys recommend for a 11 month old apbt who is relatively lazy (lol) and suffers from allergies? I will be consulting with TYs vet before i switch from her current dog food but i do want to get some opinions from you guys who have had experience with these brands.

The website is http://www.littlecreaturesnyc.com/products.nxg

If you guys have better suggesions let me know and i'll try to find a store that sells them near me

Thanks
Vivid
Newborn Bully

Postby BamaBullies328 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:50 pm

I don't feed any of the top 5. Canidae has had some bad results in the "english" bulldogs. My EB and PB guys are grain free and on Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Fish. I've removed anything with white potato due to the horrible tear stains that I think were caused by the white potato ingredient, which changes their pH. However, all of your top 5 are nice foods. I do tons of food research having two EBs in the house. :)
BamaBullies328
Newborn Bully

Postby nikkikatz » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:15 pm

Im not sure if this was posetd throughout the MILLION pages in this section, but I am feeding my boys IAMS smart puppy, and am unhappy with it. I really wnat to feed them a high quality food, but dont wanna spend half my paycheck. what are some quality foods that wont put a dent in my pocket??
nikkikatz
Newborn Bully

Postby Aubrey » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:56 pm

I was feeding my boys Natural Choice, pretty good food and its not too expensive. I am now making my own food for them though..
Aubrey
Newborn Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues