Hello from Philly

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Lua
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Lua » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:07 am

Ruger wrote:
Lua wrote:Welcome! He is definitely a cutie, I love his colours. Six weeks is a bit early to "leave the nest", obviously it's too late now but if there's a next time the extra 2 weeks (8W/O) is crucial.. :blah: You'll learn a lot of beneficial stuff for you and your pup here. :))

I know 6weeks is a lil early, i felt like i had to take him though cause the person who has his mom wasn't taking good care of them. I worked really hard to keep him healthy, i did my research and fed him puppy milk for the remaining 2 weeks. I think i did a good job, he's doing very well. He has two left that im trying to find someone to take in. Because if not i'm scared they will pass away. They r less than half the size of my ruger and their living conditions r the worse.
Thanks for the compliment!!!!

Sounds (and looks) like you did a great job, good for you! :thumbsup: Ruger is very lucky you have to. I hope you can find someone, if the 'breeder' takes such poor care of his dogs I'm sure he won't care who or what he sells to if it means a quick buck.
If you really think they would die anyways, you may be able to get them free from him and find them good homes, or at least call AC/the SPCA anon. about neglect.
Good luck. :frown:

Ruger
Adolescent Bully

Postby Ruger » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:14 am

Lua wrote:
Ruger wrote:
Lua wrote:Welcome! He is definitely a cutie, I love his colours. Six weeks is a bit early to "leave the nest", obviously it's too late now but if there's a next time the extra 2 weeks (8W/O) is crucial.. :blah: You'll learn a lot of beneficial stuff for you and your pup here. :))

I know 6weeks is a lil early, i felt like i had to take him though cause the person who has his mom wasn't taking good care of them. I worked really hard to keep him healthy, i did my research and fed him puppy milk for the remaining 2 weeks. I think i did a good job, he's doing very well. He has two left that im trying to find someone to take in. Because if not i'm scared they will pass away. They r less than half the size of my ruger and their living conditions r the worse.

Sounds (and looks) like you did a great job, good for you! :thumbsup: I hope you can find someone. If the 'breeder' takes such poor care of his dogs, I'm sure he won't care who or what he sells to if it means a quick buck.
If you really think they would die anyways, you may be able to get them free from him and find them good homes, or at least call AC or something about a neglect case.

Thanks!!! I will definitely look into taking them in myself and finding them homes or i might just keep them or one because i was thinking about getting another puppy. I will try my hardest either way to make sure they grow up in a better environment.....

Lua
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Lua » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:47 am

Ruger wrote:
Lua wrote:
Ruger wrote:

Sounds (and looks) like you did a great job, good for you! :thumbsup: I hope you can find someone. If the 'breeder' takes such poor care of his dogs, I'm sure he won't care who or what he sells to if it means a quick buck.
If you really think they would die anyways, you may be able to get them free from him and find them good homes, or at least call AC or something about a neglect case.

Thanks!!! I will definitely look into taking them in myself and finding them homes or i might just keep them or one because i was thinking about getting another puppy. I will try my hardest either way to make sure they grow up in a better environment.....

Haha you're very welcome. :)) Honestly, I would not recommend keeping another pup as you don't know if Ruger (or the other pup) is going to turn out dog aggressive or not until he's 2 or 3. I think they tend to bond pretty strongly with each other at this age, not to mention you, and unless you're willing to "crate and rotate" them as adults it may not be the best idea. On the other hand, if you have already considered the possibility of dog-dog aggression and are willing to always have them separated, then go for it.
When I was looking for my APBT, I made sure that I was getting a submissive dog, especially because I now have 2 females rather than 1 female and 1 male - and one of them is a mean ol' Chihuahua. Since Lua (pittie) is submissive, and Stella (chi) is dominant, they get on OK but I will never leave them alone together.
Just a heads up! ;)

Here's a website about multi-dog homes that I suggest you read, and if you do a search you'll find plenty. :thumbsup:
http://www.happypitbull.com/ownermanual/multidog.html

Ruger
Adolescent Bully

Postby Ruger » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:51 am

Lua wrote:
Ruger wrote:
Lua wrote:
Ruger wrote:

Haha you're very welcome. :)) Honestly, I would not recommend keeping another pup as you don't know if Ruger (or the other pup) is going to turn out dog aggressive or not until he's 2 or 3. I think they tend to bond pretty strongly with each other at this age, not to mention you, and unless you're willing to "crate and rotate" them as adults it may not be the best idea. On the other hand, if you have already considered the possibility of dog-dog aggression and are willing to always have them separated, then go for it.
When I was looking for my APBT, I made sure that I was getting a submissive dog, especially because I now have 2 females rather than 1 female and 1 male - and one of them is a mean ol' Chihuahua. Since Lua (pittie) is submissive, and Stella (chi) is dominant, they get on OK but I will never leave them alone together.
Just a heads up! ;)

Here's a website about multi-dog homes that I suggest you read, and if you do a search you'll find plenty. :thumbsup:
http://www.happypitbull.com/ownermanual/multidog.html

THANKS MUCH!!!!!!!!

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:32 am

I love your puppy. I have to say, though, I got a shiver seeing the pics of him with the handgun with the mag in. Hopefully you're like some other people here who are extremely gun-experienced and know exactly what they're doing. (BTW, my old man has a Ruger P345 -- I think that's the model -- and I've already settled on a Ruger 9mm as my gun that I will have someday. I've even picked out the name already. lol) Again, though, pup is beautiful. Welcome to PBF!

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:14 am

Welcome!

Ruger
Adolescent Bully

Postby Ruger » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:40 am

bahamutt99 wrote:I love your puppy. I have to say, though, I got a shiver seeing the pics of him with the handgun with the mag in. Hopefully you're like some other people here who are extremely gun-experienced and know exactly what they're doing. (BTW, my old man has a Ruger P345 -- I think that's the model -- and I've already settled on a Ruger 9mm as my gun that I will have someday. I've even picked out the name already. lol) Again, though, pup is beautiful. Welcome to PBF!

Thanks!!!!
And trust me Ruger is my first child basically, i wouldnt be able to live with my self if i was the reason that something happened to him. The mag and chamber was empty and checked like 5 times b4 i put it anywhere near him. But on the other note Rugers(the gun) are great guns and very reliable. I've had mine for about 6 months, fired well over 2500 rounds and yet to have a problem. I'm getting the ruger 380lcp and 9mm sr9 next.

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:25 pm

Welcome, cute pup.
I'm going to be straight w/you, and this is just my personal opinion, not as a moderator. And, I say this as a handgun owner. I think the avatar w/your pistol does more harm than good. So many people hate apbt's, and look for any excuse to condemn them. We, as apbt owners, have to uphold a higher standard than the owners of other breeds. It's not fair, but it's our reality.

Return to “Introductions”