just switched to canidae

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
kailey lane
Newborn Bully

just switched to canidae

Postby kailey lane » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:30 pm

so i was wondering about the changes in canidae? so are these dogs getting sick because they were used to the old formula and had the new formula?? becuse i just switched today and im hoping my girls dont get sick........will they be ok since they were never on the old stuff? we are switching from wellness super5mix just for puppy.but i fpund out one fo them is way old then i was told so theres no need for a puppy formula now.i really thought i was doing the right thing by getting this food becuse i thought it was better than wellness but now everyone on here says there dogs are sick now:( im hoping that they will be ok ,they never had the old formula so maybe they can handle it ,not sure......kinda scared.it was a great price tho.it was 40$ for 44lbs compared to 33lbs of wellness for 48$

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:07 am

My dogs weren't sick per se. But I feel like a dog who has been eating a food for two bags should have had ample time to adjust. My dogs never adjusted. They continued to have loose, yellow stools. If I wanted huge sloppy poop, I could feed them something from Wal-Mart. One of the benefits of feeding a better food is small, dark poop.

Just watch your dogs and see how they do. Don't borrow trouble. :)

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:10 am

I agree, give it a month or more to see how well your dogs adjust, and make the switch over gradually.
One of my sisters switched from the old formula to the new with very little problems. They do not intend to change, and now their dogs seem to be doing fine.

:thumbsup:

WackyJacki
Addicted to PBF

Postby WackyJacki » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:57 am

My girls had mushier poop for the first several days, and then were just fine. Now their poo is firm, although a bit lighter in color.

It is a tad more expensive now though... less food for your money.

DamnWRX
Adolescent Bully

Postby DamnWRX » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:08 pm

He was on the new Canidae for a month and still had a loose stool (yellowish)......Change to Merrick turducken after a bag, they also change their formula now he's having a bowel movement (diarheayuuck!!) T_T
Now it's either Nature's Variety or Taste of the Wild...

kailey lane
Newborn Bully

Postby kailey lane » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:13 pm

would you guy recommend canned pumpkin?? they have been eating the canidae mixed in with there wellness for 2 days and they still have hard poos!! yay hopefully it stays that way:) thanks for all of your input.

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:07 pm

Dont freak out.. Like any dog food your dog may or may not have a bad reaction to any new food. It is not uncommon for a dog to get gas or slightly softer stools when changing a food, give it several weeks to a month, esp a week or so after being fully on it before you decide wether or not they have a good reaction. Some people have had great results with the new canidae formula.

Return to “Health Issues”