displaysia?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

displaysia?

Postby whiskeyman » Mon May 03, 2004 9:49 pm

i know what it is but i have a few questions?
at what age would hip displaysia become noticable?

Im aking because my 6 month old Ace has been limping for the better part of a week. he has never been xrayed or checked for this.

He walks with a kind of twist or swivel to his hips?

I'm thinking that he is just pulled or twisted something and it will get better in a few days but id just like to make sure. if he isnt better within a few day ill take him to our vet.

jeremy
whiskeyman

Postby moto1320 » Mon May 03, 2004 10:13 pm

Get him checked anyway. That is a long time to be limping and the cause or catalyst needs to be identified so prevent a reoccurance. I just went through this with Doc, same twisting swiveling.

The cause was Daisy power checking him into the house when they were running. But, he has a loose knee and not the best hips in the world. The x-ray showed us that his exercise and type needs to be resticted to certain types of things to allow the muscles to compensate for the less than favorable joint structure....slowly and over time.

If something like this is the deal with your boy you need to know. Especially while he is still growing. Tail sprains aren't that uncommon. However, for example, if they effect the nerve concentrations in the pelvis area- the dog should be down/crated for a while to prevent permanent damage that could have been avoided.
moto1320
Regulator

Return to Health Issues