Me, Too

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Me, Too

Postby PitXstatic » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:48 pm

Following bullylover77’s lead: Prompted by recent BSL grumblings in New Mexico, I’ve posted a couple dozen times here but haven’t yet introduced myself formally.

I am a freelance writer, researcher, volunteer pound puppy walker, pit bull lover and now, informal pit bull advocate in the state of New Mexico, fighting BSL, hysteria and misinformation on several fronts. I fell in love with the breed when Ivan (that’s him to the right, lookin’ cool), a pit bull/Sharpei cross, wandered into our yard seven years ago and stayed for dinner. And each and every meal thereafter. I have two other dogs as well, a black Labrador retriever and a German Shepherd/Beagle (don’t ask), both rescues. Good pups all.

One day, I hope to adopt a fully bully, but until then, I try to do what I can for the pound pits by giving them exercise, attention, love, and by educating the interested public in the ways of the pit bull.

BTW, in the few weeks I’ve spent on this forum, I’ve been tremendously impressed by ya’ll’s knowledge of and love for the breed. Thanks for being here!
PitXstatic

Postby Chocolate Thunda » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:54 pm

And thanks for coming here.....Welcome aboard.
Chocolate Thunda
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ARIZONA REDNOSE » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:33 pm

cool pic i wish i could get mine to do that, welcome to the forum ! :)
ARIZONA REDNOSE

Postby Boo439 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:28 pm

Welcome to the board! The dog in your avatar looks ultra-cool in the shades 8)
Boo439

Postby PitBullPride » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:35 pm

:welcome:
PitBullPride

Postby Beverle Cramer » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:37 pm

Hey! I'm in NM, too! Where in the state are you? I live up NE of Santa Fe. Were you the one who posted the info on the state trying to ban our dogs? I sent a protest email already! :)
Beverle Cramer

Postby Boscoe13 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:49 pm

:welcome: to the board!
Boscoe13

Postby kernel scurry » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:15 pm

Hello!
kernel scurry

Postby pitbullforever » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:24 pm

:welcome: i can't wait too see pics of your whole family. whats a begle/shep mix look like. lol
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Postby PitXstatic » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:17 pm

Hey! I'm in NM, too! Where in the state are you? I live up NE of Santa Fe. Were you the one who posted the info on the state trying to ban our dogs? I sent a protest email already!

Pretty area, the Pecos. We hike up there a lot. The DH and I are in the East Mountains (behind ABQ), but luckily not in the Village of Tijeras, which has the dubious distinction of having one of the country's first pit bull bans. :sad:

Yup, that's me, the gal fighting the BSL bull. Thanks for your protest letter! Word has it Sue Wilson Beffort doens't have a snowball's chance in hell of passing her BSL here, but I'm still concerned about the Gov's dangerous dog law. We'll need to be extra vigilant it's not breed specific in any way.

So let's keep our fingers crossed.

i can't wait too see pics of your whole family. whats a begle/shep mix look like.

Actually, she looks a lot like a Doberman! lol I'll post pics at some point. She's a real little princess.
PitXstatic

Postby Beverle Cramer » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:46 pm

Please do keep me posted on the BSL situation here. How do you find out about it? When I was looking for a pibble pup I went down to the animal control in Rio Rancho & had my name on a pup, but decided to take one of the ones up here with Felines & Friends. I can't imagine Rosie making the trip from here to Seattle like her siblings; she gets terribly car sick! The next time I get a dog it'll be a male. I have 3 females in the house (my hubby has a little terrier whatsit we rescued outside of the new SF Trader Joe's) & 2 more out back (the pyrs). I'm agitating for another pibble at some point, but the spousal unit is kinda going "weeeeellll...." ;)
Beverle Cramer

Postby X-girl » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:48 pm

Hi there!
X-girl
Regulator

Postby rosiegirl » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:52 am

:doggie: welcome :doggie:
rosiegirl

Postby pitbullforever » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:00 am

PitXstatic wrote:
Actually, she looks a lot like a Doberman! lol I'll post pics at some point. She's a real little princess.

thats good news because we all really like pics here. :))
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Return to Introductions