Top 5 Foods

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby nikkikatz » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:09 pm

Your own food?? How doyou go about that?? Cheaper??? more expensive???
nikkikatz
Newborn Bully

Postby N2K » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:14 pm

I bought Taste of the Wild and Roxy hates it. Kane loves it, cant wait to have it.

Roxy takes a mouth full, bites once and opens her mouth, then she'll attempt to eat some. Takes her 20mins to eat a bowl, rather then 5-10mins.

So should I try and wait if she gets used to it or trying something else?
N2K
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby xDOUGHBOYx » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:42 pm

what do you guys think about the food im feedin my pup a local pet store owner make its

ground yellow corn, porcine meat and bone meal,corn gluten mel, wheat middlings, corn gluten feed, ground wheat,animal fat(preserved with mixed), chicken meal, natural flavor, beet pulp, potassiumchloride, salt, calcium carbonate, vitamin e supplement, niacin, riboflavin, pyridoxinehydrochloridethiamine mononitrate, calcium pantothenade, folic acid, biotin, vitamin b-12 supplement, zinc sulfateferrous sulfate monohydrate, copper sulfate manganese sulfate, calcium lodate, sodium selenite
xDOUGHBOYx
Newborn Bully

Postby ams036 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:04 am

xDOUGHBOYx wrote:what do you guys think about the food im feedin my pup a local pet store owner make its

ground yellow corn, porcine meat and bone meal,corn gluten mel, wheat middlings, corn gluten feed, ground wheat,animal fat(preserved with mixed), chicken meal, natural flavor, beet pulp, potassiumchloride, salt, calcium carbonate, vitamin e supplement, niacin, riboflavin, pyridoxinehydrochloridethiamine mononitrate, calcium pantothenade, folic acid, biotin, vitamin b-12 supplement, zinc sulfateferrous sulfate monohydrate, copper sulfate manganese sulfate, calcium lodate, sodium selenite

I am still learning about foods myself but that sounds like a LOT of corn. I am currently feeding my dogs Solid Gold Wolf King and its pricey but they all are really shiny, they smell better, and my oldest dog has shed a lot of excess weight he has been carrying. They all seem to love it and so far I have nothing but good things to say about it. I know it is not the best but its the only thing that is easy to find as far as high quality foods are concerned.
ams036
Adolescent Bully

Postby Vivid » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:51 pm

xDOUGHBOYx wrote:what do you guys think about the food im feedin my pup a local pet store owner make its

I am also rather new at this but i know that having corn as the first ingredient is never a good thing. And not only is corn the first ingredient but the corn glutten feed is also more corn. so from that alone it seems like this food is mostly just filler and not very good for your dog.

Try to feed something that has Meat of some kind as the first ingredient and if not then the second.
Vivid
Newborn Bully

Postby xDOUGHBOYx » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:14 pm

xDOUGHBOYx
Newborn Bully

Postby originalg00kster » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:52 pm

my girl Cali just got put to sleep recently....last friday to be exact. she got hit by a car :( rest in paradise Cali.

but now i have a new pup..another red nose. im not replacing her or anything..juts figured it would keep my mind off of things.

well he is 9 weeks old and i just bought him a bag of taste of the wild bison meat one....only gave him half a cup and he ate it all. he loves it. im gonna be feeding him this for a while... and i was wondering.. is it okay to switch the different flavors but with the same company ? like for example the pacific stream one to the bison and so on.
originalg00kster
Newborn Bully

Postby bullheaded » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:34 pm

originalg00kster wrote:my girl Cali just got put to sleep recently....last friday to be exact. she got hit by a car :( rest in paradise Cali.

but now i have a new pup..another red nose. im not replacing her or anything..juts figured it would keep my mind off of things.

well he is 9 weeks old and i just bought him a bag of taste of the wild bison meat one....only gave him half a cup and he ate it all. he loves it. im gonna be feeding him this for a while... and i was wondering.. is it okay to switch the different flavors but with the same company ? like for example the pacific stream one to the bison and so on.

First of all- I am very sorry to hear about your girl. :sad:
Secondly, we switch protein sources in the dog food we feed. From what I have read on here, it is recommended. I also spoke with the rep and she said to switch, as long as you stay in the same company.
bullheaded
Matured Bully

Postby originalg00kster » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:56 pm

thanks bullhead, it was just a hard lesson learned. but she is living in a better place now.

but thanks for the answer. i just wanted to make sure that i wasnt hurting the pup or anything.
originalg00kster
Newborn Bully

Postby Vivid » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:20 pm

originalg00kster wrote:my girl Cali just got put to sleep recently....last friday to be exact. she got hit by a car :( rest in paradise Cali.

Sorry about your dog. May she R.I.P

I've read from books as well as some different websites that its a good idea to switch up protein sources so your dog has less chance of forming an allergy to something in the food. I dont think switching will hurt at all as long as you watch to see how he reacts to the new food and stay withing the same brand.

I do know some people that feed two different brands and swtich up but their dogs are always gassy and the poop is a nightmare to pick up. Maybe thats due to the food
Vivid
Newborn Bully

Postby ogionik » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:04 am

funny timberwolf lists stuff that is in the dont feed your dog sticky..

right off the bat.
ogionik
Newborn Bully

Postby originalg00kster » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:47 am

what is it ogion?
originalg00kster
Newborn Bully

Re: So many many pages....

Postby luvmybulls » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:14 pm

Pittie Love wrote:I read several of the pages to this thread and see, to my surprise, that Evo is not a well liked brand. I know many people who swear by it and it is highly rated by dogfoodanalysis.com. I recently switched my nine year old rottie to Evo. I am hoping that someone can explain to me why the protein level is considered too high and let me know of any other issues with the food. I am willing to switch her food again but would like to know more before I do.

Thanks!

I feed EVO and love it.
luvmybulls
Newborn Bully

Postby alis » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:30 am

wat a wolf?
is that wat u mean by timberwolf?
alis
BANNED

Postby luvmybulls » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:13 am

I'm starting to second guess my decision....I do wonder if anyone knows anything about the long-term effects of the high level of Protein in EVO.
luvmybulls
Newborn Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues