Timberwolf Price Increase?!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Pete
Super Bully

Timberwolf Price Increase?!

Postby Pete » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:45 pm

Wow, was I just blind sided. I went to grab my dogs food for the month. I grabbed my usual 33lb bag of Timberwolf, went to pay and was told "That will be $85.00." The food I buy was given a $30.00 price increase! WTF is going on in this country.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:31 pm

are you bull shi ing me???
that is a big increase!!!!!!

Pete
Super Bully

Postby Pete » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:47 pm

Nope...not poop at all. They have the announcement on their website. It happened across the board. :frown:

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:01 pm

their prices were too high before this recent increase
esp since they have decreased the quality and have had recall issues.
My dogs did terrible on TW so I stopped using it several years ago anyway.
Maybe time for you to find a new food! :tongue:

jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:37 pm

Stay away from Timberwolf :thumbsup:

757 bully
Adolescent Bully

Postby 757 bully » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:40 pm

hey man try innova evo. 33lbs 50 bucks

turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby turtle » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:47 pm

757 bully wrote:hey man try innova evo. 33lbs 50 bucks

Innova EVO has too much protein (42%) for most dogs but the Innova Regular dog kibble is pretty good.

Also Nature's Variety is a quality food. But again their "Grain Free" formulas have too much protein for a dry kibble and use potato instead of rice and/or grain.

Not too many quality dry foods left now that both Timberwolf and Canidae have changed formulas and raised their prices!

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:32 pm

Another vote for the regular Innova here... Taste of the wild is another I've recently become a fan of.

I'm currently feeding Pinnacle to Sheila, there was a buy one get one 1/2 off sale so I decided to give it a try instead of going with Canidae or Natural Balance. Its pricey and the ingredients are a bit overdone, but its been three months now, and my house is fart-free and Sheila looks incredible, so I might have to keep feeding it. Money can't buy the comfort of a fart-free home!!!

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:39 pm

I too feed Innova here, regular for my 6 y.o., Innova Senior for my 14 y.o.
I do get a bag of Nature's Vareity or Merrick about every 3 months for a change, then back to Innova.

Pete
Super Bully

Postby Pete » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:30 pm

I just get nervous changing foods. I have fed both my dogs TW since they were puppies and don't really know what else to trust.

Everyone recommends something different. Someone says one thing about a food and then someone else says something totally opposite about the same food, haha.

It just sucks because both my dogs love TW and do great on it. I haven't ever tried anything else for 2 years now.

I looked into Taste of the Wild and heard mixed reactions on it. Some people said they love it, some people said the makers of it were one of the worst companies to buy from. I believe Diamond makes it.

Oh well...this sucks. Maybe I will look into Innova.

757 bully
Adolescent Bully

Postby 757 bully » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:36 pm

hey man innova evo does have a lot of protein...but to the OP your dog looks on the larger size for pits. and if he is excersizing a lot he needs that protein. i would try it, no harm no foul, totw is good as well. i know what u mean about food flipfloppers dude

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:40 pm

There is a lot of back and forth about food.
But I think a lot of us can agree on some foods.
Taste of the Wild, Innova either regular or Evo, Nature's Variety
Im sure there are more but off the top of my head cant think of them.

Pete
Super Bully

Postby Pete » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:14 pm

Norris is is around 50lbs and Bailey is around 42lbs. They aren't all that big. I do exercise them a lot and they are both in very good shape. I am thinking a higher protein food wouldn't cause them any harm.

jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:14 pm

If I were you, I would try one of the following:

-Taste of the Wild
-Wellness CORE (regular or Ocean)
-Innova

These are probably closest to Timberwolf when it comes to ingredient similarities (aka may make the change easier).

And trust me, at least you know where Taste of the Wild is manufactured......Timberwolf won't even disclose where there's is made!! Diamond facilities have one of the tightest controlled manufacturing plants around...especially after their recall (they added the testing of ingredient sources after that).

Innova you can be sure that it is made at a top-quality facility---just look at the video tour of their plant on their website: http://www.naturapet.com/

heartbullies

Postby heartbullies » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:06 am

Natura (see the link to the factory tour above) manufactures these brands:

Innova

EVO

California Natural (which has limited ingredients, and is comparatively inexpensive, $40 for 36 pounds here of the Herring & sweet potato)

Healthwise (which I have seen for ~$30 for 36 pounds, and while it does have a lot of oatmeal and rice in it, it is leaps and bounds ahead of many other similarly priced dog foods like Purina Beneful, which is $32 for 33 pounds and has meat by-product meal, corn, and wheat as the first few ingredients)

Timberwolf... $85? That's crazy talk. You would spend less money on a BARF diet through a local co-op.

Return to “Health Issues”