Intro - I Want to Adopt Isis (PA)

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Intro - I Want to Adopt Isis (PA)

Postby Alicia » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:30 am

Petfinder Page for Isis in PA

I recently came across a PetFinder post (above) about Isis, the white Pit Bull in PA. I saw a thread about her already and tried posting, then realized I needed to post here first.

I am serious about trying to adopt Isis. I have the necessary contact information and have a good feeling about this, but I would also like to ask for just a little help from you guys. Because I am in the Seattle, WA area, I am not able to physically go down there to meet her. I will be able to arrange for transportation one way or another, even if I have to drive most of the way myself, but I was wondering if there would be anyone that could do the actual pulling and maybe a place to stay for a night. I will have the transport arranged before we pull/adopt, but it would be easier if the transporter didn't have to do everything.

I am currently living at home again so I have the financial support from my parents for any necessary medical expenses, food, etc., however, I will need to come up with the gas money myself. I'm currently working and have a flexable job, but don't have enough (or any) saved up to make the trip to PA. My car has recently been on a few cross-country and long distance trips and I'm not afraid of making this trip, I just cannot afford it at the time.

If anyone is willing to help pull and possibly temporarily foster (for a VERY short period) I will be able to arrange transport, at least part of the way West. I am going to, right now, start trying to arrange for this transport. Might there be anyone in the area that could help?

My name is Alicia and you can reach me by email, IM or phone.

MusicalDreamerX@aol.com (same for AIM)
yahoo: musicalxdreams
msn: alicia_claudio@hotmail.com
text/phone: 206/940-0297

Please let me know if there is anything, anything you could help me with. I want more than anything to get Isis out of her current situation and into my home.

----

I just recieved an email back from one of the volunteers who is helping with her adoption and she said that they will need to meet the adopter in person. She may be able to go into rescue, though. So either I need to wait until I save up enough for gas (approx. 6000 miles = 20 tanks = $400) or find someone local to adopt her and I could arrange transport sooner. At $8.50/hr part time (I can try for more hours), it'll take almost a month from now before I have enough. While I don't mind waiting, I would rather get her out sooner.

Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance for anything and everything. Advise is welcome. :)

~Alicia
Alicia

Postby rosiegirl » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:56 am

:welcome: good luck with getting your pup I hope it all works out for you.
rosiegirl

Postby X-girl » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:17 am

Welcome and best of luck to you!
X-girl
Regulator

Postby Chris » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:32 am

How long are we talking about fostering her? If it is life or death for her I'd be willing to perhaps foster for a very short while.

I am not set up well for two dogs and I have a male who likes being an only dog, but I live in Pa and I have a soft spot for female dogs named Isis (the name of my late terrier mix) I'd have to talk with my wife about this but if it were a SHORT amount of time I think it would be Ok.

IM me.
Chris

Postby BullyVW » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:37 am

Wow...that's so cool. Isis has been a favorite of mine ever since I saw her paw about 2 months ago. I'm more than willing to help you out for a night or two....but beyond that, I don't know how my others will react. You may message me at any time.

Seriously, it's such a good thing....she seems so loving and just needs someone to show her love.
BullyVW
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby pitbullforever » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:54 am

good luck to you and icis she is a real cutie. :inlove:
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Postby tjbsandy » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:21 pm

Welcome to the board!! Good luck to you!
tjbsandy

Postby BullyVW » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:33 pm

Please come back and reply soon....I'm very concerned about this little baby!
BullyVW
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby molucass » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:59 pm

Hey Alicia! :))

Welcome to the board.
molucass
Forum Junky

Postby FlyByNight » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:08 am

Hi Alicia! I was the one who posted about Isis on here a little while ago, but unfortunately, though someone tried to adopt her, they were never able to get through to anyone at the vets office where she is staying and hence nothing came of it. Isis has been living in a kennel at the vets office for TWO YEARS! NO DOG SHOULD HAVE TO LIVE IN A KENNEL FOR TWO YEARS! Please please please help her out Alicia! If you want, PM me and I can send you the phone number of the vets office/contact person that I was given. Last time I posted her, someone was going to try and adopt her, and called them but nobody ever picked up. I don't know if they left a message or not, but either way things fell through. Don't give up! Have patience and leave LOTS of messages! If I weren't going to be headed back to school in MD this weekend, I would offer to temporarily foster since I live just an hour north of Philadelphia. Augh! Ohhh, good luck Alicia! Let us know how things are going!
FlyByNight
Super Bully

Postby Alicia » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:14 am

I called Alene, who is handling the adoption for the vet's office, and she told me that someone is coming tonight to take a look at Isis, with one of her dogs. She either works with handicap dogs or has one already, Alene couldn't remember. She took down my name and phone number just in case things fall through, but it looks as though Isis will be adopted tonight. I hope so, for her sake, which leaves me open to rescue another dog. I'm not going to start really looking yet, though, because there is still a chance that I will be rescuing Isis. I will let you guys know if I do or do not get her.

There is a boy in IL that is so adorable and will be PTS shortly if they cannot find him a home. If I don't get Isis I was going to try for him, though I'm not sure how far he could get transported and I'm on limited funds for the time being.

Chance is his name and he's oh so adorable! If anyone from IL to RI is interested, there is a free transport set up every weekend pretty much.

Take a look!

http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action ... mpl=&stat=
Alicia

Postby kernel scurry » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:07 pm

Hello and welcome! :)
kernel scurry

Postby pitbullforever » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:55 pm

i'm so glad that you are really looking to rescue something!!!! thats really great of you. :peace:
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Return to Introductions