MKK29's intro

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Postby kernel scurry » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:16 pm

Hello and welcome!
kernel scurry

Re: MKK29's Intro

Postby caped dog » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:37 pm

pitbullforever wrote:
mkk29 wrote:Yes have everything we need - We also screen the potential buyers to make sure our puppies go to a good home

ok thats good news we don't like backyard breeders here but as long as your a good breeder your welcome. :))

that's all you need to be certain of the difference between "good" and not good? ....someone remind me to start breeding, if my saying so is all it takes... how about this... comparing breeders:
http://st15.startlogic.com/~justonel/breeder.html

How old are the puppies? when will they go to their new homes? do you spay and neuter before placement? do you plan to continue breeding?
caped dog
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby whiskeyman » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:57 pm

whiskeyman

Postby damienApbt » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:52 pm

welcome to the board
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby tjbsandy » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:24 am

:hi You are welcome no matter what. What they all mean is that the board has its rules, and a personality, and we will be happy to tell you all we know, and give you our opinions about anything and everything! There are simply things that we do not promote, and behavior we will not accept.
tjbsandy

Postby PitBullPride » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:43 am

:welcome:
PitBullPride

Postby rosiegirl » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:01 am

:dog: welcome
rosiegirl

MKK'S Intro

Postby mkk29 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:34 pm

WOW! I just joined yesterday and I've been called "stupid". I've been accused of being a back yard breeder and you people don't even know me! Let me tell you all something right now........................................
I love my dogs! I advocate for my dogs and I KNOW the jeopardy that this breed is in. So before any of you judge ME, why don't you get to know ME first!
mkk29

Postby rosiegirl » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:54 pm

tjbsandy wrote::hi You are welcome no matter what. What they all mean is that the board has its rules, and a personality, and we will be happy to tell you all we know, and give you our opinions about anything and everything! There are simply things that we do not promote, and behavior we will not accept.

Any breeding without some very very good reasons for the breeding is one of the things that is not very acceptable around here since there are so many unwanted american peanut butter terriers :)) in rescue and lots of members of PBF are very involved in saving those APBT's so when you breed just to make more APBT and adopt them out without homechecks, contracts, and a means to keep tabs on every puppy that you produce its not good. :run: but we are here to educate and there are many very educated rescue people here and some breeder's that the board considers good and ethical like Hartagold for example.
rosiegirl

Postby rgyoung777 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:01 pm

I think some of the regulars here might have missed this post from Concreterose, in general, so I'll quote it here:

No, we would prefer if you would use the introduction section for just what it is. We want to strive to make people feel welcome to the forum before they get hazed lol. If your feelings about their introductory post make you too emotional about welcoming them neutrally, it would be a good idea not to post. We have enough controversy in the general forum, let's work together to keep the Introduction forum a place to strictly welcome people. I would suggest that if you have pressing questions that can't wait until they post in general, to PM them.

Guys, please keep the inquisitions to a minimum here so that the new members don't feel attacked and alienated.
rgyoung777
Addicted to PBF

Postby Chris » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:07 pm

rgyoung777 wrote:I think some of the regulars here might have missed this post from Concreterose, in general, so I'll quote it here:

No, we would prefer if you would use the introduction section for just what it is. We want to strive to make people feel welcome to the forum before they get hazed lol. If your feelings about their introductory post make you too emotional about welcoming them neutrally, it would be a good idea not to post. We have enough controversy in the general forum, let's work together to keep the Introduction forum a place to strictly welcome people. I would suggest that if you have pressing questions that can't wait until they post in general, to PM them.

Guys, please keep the inquisitions to a minimum here so that the new members here don't feel attacked and alienated.

How do you find out what someone is about and up to if you don't ask questions? It bugs me that so many of the people running the board act like the only reason anyone does anything wrong regarding Pitbulls is that they don't know any better. Plenty of folks just don't care
This is a GREAT board. But it is not a great board because of the moderators/regulators. It is a great board because some of the giants of the Pitbull world(non-dogfighting version) post on it. It is the Leslie H's, The Diane Jessups, Hartagolds, Dawgdays, ect, ect ect that make the board great.

You can't on one hand accept back yard millers and on the other promote positive pitbull ownership. To try to do so is particuarly insulting to those people who do rescue.
Chris

Postby damienApbt » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:19 pm

Chris wrote:How do you find out what someone is about and up to if you don't ask questions? It bugs me that so many of the people running the board act like the only reason anyone does anything wrong regarding Pitbulls is that they don't know any better. Plenty of folks just don't care
This is a GREAT board. But it is not a great board because of the moderators/regulators. It is a great board because some of the giants of the Pitbull world(non-dogfighting version) post on it. It is the Leslie H's, The Diane Jessups, Hartagolds, Dawgdays, ect, ect ect that make the board great.

You can't on one hand accept back yard millers and on the other promote positive pitbull ownership. To try to do so is particuarly insulting to those people who do rescue.

those you listed add to the quality of this board, they dont make the board. what makes this board great is everybody. we're here to help poeple learn. if we alienate all the people we disagree with and dont give them a chance to stick around than that defeats the purpose.

this is an introduction forum.. not an interrogation room. there are good ways to ask questions w/o being rude, granted it may take longer to word a post like that we just urge you to do so.
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby rgyoung777 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:21 pm

Chris:
This is the introduction section.
It is for introductions.
It is not for asking questions about breeding practices, or responsible ownership.
If you have questions to ask a new member, wait until they can post in the general section, or PM the poster you want to talk to. This is the ONLY place new members can post until Kaz or Ariel give approval, and it was created as a place for new members to be WELCOMED to the board, not interrogated.

There is no promotion of back yard millers. I and the other moderators simply ask that you save the serious questioning and education for the GENERAL forum so that this forum doesn't get cluttered with heated discussions.
rgyoung777
Addicted to PBF

Postby Motodiva » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:22 pm

Amen Damien!

P.S. A good portion of this board being so great is directly due to such great mods (In my humble opinion). THANK YOU!

MKK29, I'm sorry your intro has been rough. Please stick around and give this place a shot.
Motodiva
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby voodoopitbull » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:27 pm

:welcome:
voodoopitbull

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions