OLDTIMER RE-INTRODUCTIONS!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

OLDTIMER RE-INTRODUCTIONS!

Postby Maximus » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:09 pm

I can see this section growing exponentially and the newbie intros getting lost in all of our own re-introductions, which defeats the purpose of requiring newbies to introduce themselves!

AND I revisited my beginning at PBF only to realize that I never really introduced myself either. So how 'bout we make this thread the one place for all of us old-timers to introduce ourselves without flooding the Intros section?

:hi Hi, all! My name is Teal, and I'm a moderate Pit Bull Forum junkie. I'm a 25-year-old (26 in February) female full-time newspaper editor/graphic designer with a penchant for pit bulls, coffee ice cream (coffee ANYTHING, for that matter), the sound of a Harley Davidson on a sunny day (oh, I dream of having my own...), bad-ass women (I like to count myself among them), having my dinner cooked for me, and reading myself to sleep. I can't stand: the smell of cat pee, waking up before 10 a.m. EVER, a day without coffee, being stuck with writer's block on a tight deadline, people who perpetuate stupid myths about my dog, and people who wear too much perfume. I quit smoking just over 100 days ago, and my dogs thank me for it!

I'm momma to Chico (1.5 years) and Ruby (around 2 years), both rescued pit bulls, and I love them to death. Both are aspiring CGC/TT/TDI (gawd, I hope!!!) doggies. That's what we're working toward!

WHO'S NEXT? :))
Maximus

Postby PitBullPride » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:17 pm

Hi guys....My names Krystale, and I reside in central Florida. I am a vet tech. I also have experience working in shelters. I have been in the company of Pitbulls since I was born...heehee...and for the past seven years, I have actively participated in pitbull rescue and education. I currently am owned by Shai, my 9 month old pittie, and CeCe and pups, a recent rescue, and oh, Spike, my 5 month old kitten that thinks he's a 'blue pitbull' lol .......That's about it.... :peace:
PitBullPride

Postby Maximus » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:35 pm

Hi, Pitbullpride!!!

and BUMP! C'mon, people!
Maximus

Postby BudDog » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:45 pm

Hello,

My name is Rachel. I have 2 mix dogs. Roxie is almost 2 years old and she is a Rott/Akita mix. We also have Buddy. He is just over a year old. He is Pit/Rott mix. We love them both and they are really good dogs.

We are staying with family in Idaho right now but will be moving back to Oregon soon to go to college. I have two kids, my son is 10 and my daughter is 8. They are great kids. I also have a hubby of 9 years. I have been blessed with a great family and can't wait to be in college so that I can make my life even better.

Rachel
BudDog
Matured Bully

Postby Chester » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:31 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Mark, I'm 27 yrs old - 28 in February, and I am from the lovely state of Connecticut. I work at Sikorsky Aircraft, (think of the movie Blackhawk Down, we make those helicopters) I am married with no kids, just my bully buddy Chester who is about 2 years old. I attend the University of New Haven, working to finish my Bachelors degree (cause I was an idiot when I was younger and didnt do it then). Thats me.
Chester

Postby blover27 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:34 pm

Here is my first post ever :roll: lol
I would like to introduce Jack. Jack was adopted from the Teterboro Animal Shelter (a place with awesome staff and volunteers) about 2 months ago by my wife and I. Neither of us ever owned a dog before but we always wanted a puppy and since we bought a house last year we figured we would go to the shelter and just “look around”. My wife saw Jack and instantly fell in love…I was a little more skeptical since his profile read “Pit Mix”. Being the sensible person I am (LOL) I was not going to be taken in by looks alone. Although I thought he was a handsome guy I wanted to see how he behaved around cats first since we have had our cat Tiger since we finished school and I love that kitty to death. So we took Jack ( formerly known as “Muffin”-can you believe that?) to were the kittens were and he laid down right next to an older cat as gentle as could be and when she hissed he scurried back to us like the big sissy he is. Then I saw a young child in the shelter and asked him if he would spend some time with him and Jack just wagged his tail furiously the whole time. Never barked once even though the rest of the shelter was going nuts. He was timid but still wanted attention. When we saw another couple eye balling our dog I told my wife this 9 month old awesome guy wouldn’t last long so we took him home right then-why look any further? When we were going through the paper work they mentioned he was an abuse case but we were so caught up in the moment we didn’t really think about it until days later. But by that time we realized we knew this guy was just a big mush. Out of curiosity we tried to find out what the abuse was but could get no real answers.

We are about to finish his last week of obedience training at the shelter next week and he is the star pupil. He has put on about 8 pounds and now clocks in at around 60. He is getting along so well with our cat (always supervised. He has been crated during the day and I come home during my lunch hour to spend time with him. We have now progressed to having him stay on our enclosed porch for one session of his 4 hours when he is alone) and hasn’t shown any aggression towards other dogs. He has sit,sit-stay,down,down-stay,heel (still pulls on his nylon leash and he is STRONG) and down very well and is getting very good at “come” too.

I have to say when we first got him we would try to pass him off as a Boxer Mix just because we knew the rep our dogs have with the general public (and I have to admit not knowing much about dogs before Jack I had the same ignorant view-the second or third night when I took him out after he did his business he had a mild case of the “zoomies” and I thought the dog was nuts LOL) but anyone who knows dogs always asks if he is Pit. I used to try to shy away from admitting it but now after immersing myself with everything I could get my eyes on I am proud to tell everyone and everyone that he is Pit. He is a great ambassador for the breed.

I am sorry I was so long winded but I have been all over this site for weeks and think it is truly great. I feel everyone on here, despite some differences of opinion, all really care for there dogs.

Anyway here are some pics of Jack just recently taken…we have purchased a 5 mp camera (Jack finally pushed us over the hump) so when it gets here I will post some better posts.

P.S We know he is a Pit Mix….any ideas of what could else he could be?

Thanks,

Brad
blover27

Postby blover27 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:37 pm

adoptAshelterPit wrote:you copied most of that from your dogster page! :tongue:

welcome brad! ya dork! ;)

i made my dogster page after that post and used most of it :oops:
blover27

Postby barbponys » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:07 pm

HI, my name is Pat and I'm a full time PBF addict. lol . I have a butt load of animals, 4 horses, 2 chickens, 2 cockatiels, an evil cat, 3 dogs and a foster pup. My dogs are Sasha, 8 1/2, pit/lab/chow mix. Goliath, 71/2, pug. Garion, 10 months, pit/ab mix and Paco, 8 months, pit. My horses are Spanish-Barbs and range in age from 19 yrs to 3 yrs, and my chickens are mutts.

My husband and I started our dog life with boxers and had 4 over 17 yrs. They all died way to young from cancer and I couldn't take it anymore. We adopted Sasha when she was 10 weeks and knew we were always going to have a pit or pit mix. Garion was my 20th wedding anniversary present. I, of course, found him thanks to Pocketpit, and he's been the best pup.

I have spent the last 10 yrs in the pet industry learning all there is to know about pet food and nutrition. It's a bit of a passion and I find talking about it very satifying. I have fed raw for almost a decade to a whole slew of animals. There, I have officially introduced myself :)
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby BabyReba » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:35 pm

My name is Erin, and I live in Baltimore. Moved here from upstate New York a coupla years ago.

I don't have a real pit bull; rather I have an ornery old lady mutt named Reba who is black lab mixed with something or other, we think it's prolly pit bull. Dunno who her parents were, as she's a shelter dog, and she's not talking.

Reba and I share our home with JimmieDean the mini-dachshund, a nasty old cat named Nacho, and an ever-changing cast of foster pit bulls and ABs . . . I do a one-dog-at-a-time rescue thing here in Bmore, though I'm not as active as I used to be.

The dog in my avatar is usually one of my rescues lookin' for a home.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby voodoopitbull » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:01 pm

I don't consider myself an oldtimer but here goes...

My name is Christen (Christie for short). I live in Georgia and if you've seen any of my posts with the word "Georgia" in it you will know how much I hate the state I live in. I rescue dogs. I've been rescuing dogs for many years now...my mother has been rescuing dogs since I was a child. I am outspoken and can be rude (AKA: an ass) at times....but that's just my outer core...you gotta keep lickin' to get to the nice part :))

My life revolves around dogs. I do a lot of pure-positive dog training and have been dog training dog a few years now...but I'm always learning. I hope to get all of my pit bulls their CGCs before the deathly rays of summer. My bookself is lined with dogs books. I don't have any wild and crazy Saturday nights because those are spent in bed...reading dog books.

I always have a wide array of fosters...from Chihuahuas to hounds and everything in between. I have three female pit bulls (this in itself should prove to you that I'm insane) and one Chihuahua:

Ripley, a 3+ year old rescue pit mix from my local Animal Control. Champane, a 1 year old rescue from a BYB.
Malkovich, a 1 year old rescue from LA Animal Control.
Ozzy, a 3+ year old male Chihuahua from Animal Control.

ATM, I also have a foster pit named Pumpkin.

I am always up for dog (or whatever) discussions...feel free to IM me at caradogapbt (AIM)*

*blatantly whoring myself

THE END. :headbang:
voodoopitbull

Postby mypitmika » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:01 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Mandy and the pup in the avatar is Mika. We live in snowy, sleety, rainy (recently anyway) CT.

Mika's my 3 year old pit mix/best friend. I adopted her from a local rescue group. She was born in the pound and was being fostered by a wonderful woman. I found Mika on petfinder.com. The ad sounded urgent - a dog who had a litter in the Windsor, CT pound and the puppies were in foster care, but needed forever homes. They had the pups advertised as Lab Mix...that's what the mother was - a yellow Lab X. Anyway, she was the last of the litter and the rescue lady said she was a little on the small side...the runt, but in perfect health. I fell in love with her instantly as I held her and she licked the crap out of my face. hehe That's where our story began...

Now, she's a grown little girl and she's my best friend. As she got older, the vet kept telling me that she had pit in her...but I didn't really care - she was my Mika, that's all. As she got even older and took on more physical characteristics, the stereotyping that we had to put up with was horrible. My family loved her, but when I took her out for walks or rides, people would kind of wisper under their breath "that's a pitbull, I can tell". I live in the sticks and there honestly aren't very many pitbull owners around here. Eventhough she was always so super friendly, it really bothered me that the breed would make people skiddish like that. I may not have a pure bred, but I do my best to inform people around me about the breed and help them dispose of the fear and misinformation.

So...I found this forum and I have to say, I love it here. I don't post all that much, but I've learned soooo much from so many people. There are a lot of great posts, a lot of information and a lot of support. It's a wonderful little community!

So...now that I totally blabbed forever...just wanna say HI and THANK YOU. :)
mypitmika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby voodoopitbull » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:03 pm

Sheesh...I can't even make one good, decent, properly spelled post....

caradogapbts....with an sssss. :roll:
voodoopitbull

Postby Lacy » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:16 pm

My name is Lacy. I enjoy long walks on the beach, candle light dinners, and silk sheets... :))

My name is Lacy. I've lived in Norfolk, Virginia for the past four years but I'm originally from New Orleans, Louisiana. I'm 23 and married with a 9 year old step-son. I want no kids of my own. I work in a law office where I do all the dirty work no one else wants to do. I'm straight edge and I enjoy sarcasm way more than I probably should.

I have two dogs: Bonneville and Norton. Both are three years old and named after old British motorcycles. Bonneville was rescued from the Virginia Beach SPCA and Norton came from a pit bull rescue in the area. Both dogs sleep in bed with us at night and are spoiled rotten.

In addition to the dogs there are four goldfish, two bettas and 9 snakes that call our house home.
Lacy
Super Bully

Postby Hondovious » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:42 pm

Ok, why not?

My name is John, and I spend WAY too much damn time here. I am 28, and it cracks me up that I always have to think for a second to remember my age these days. I own a sub sandwich shop, as I was never quite able to make the switch from unpaid computer nerd to paid computer nerd. I love cars (especially Mustangs), gadgets, computers, toys, golf, poker, and pit bulls. I love to cook, and hate to do the dishes. I enjoy discussing politics, religion/spirituality, sports, and human nature. I don't have patience for bad drivers, close-mindedness, self-righteousness, rude people, or people who revel in their ignorance.

I only have one pup (for now), Zeus. He is 10 months old now, and around 55-57 pounds.
Hondovious

Postby YeTI » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:48 pm

I am not to much of a old timer but Have been her for a bit.

My Name is John But I go by YeTI and My Babbys name is CoCo. I am 24 and She is 1year and 5 months old. She is a sweet heart but loves to destor my house. She was rescued by a frend of mine from a Coke dealer in our home tonw and HE gave her to me as a Gift. We live IN Ontario Canada so we are both a little freeked out form this hole ban thign but we live in a small town and we know most ppl there. I am A mechanic by trade and love to work wit my hands.

YeTI and CoCO
YeTI

Next

Return to Introductions