A long winded intro

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

A long winded intro

Postby redmoss » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:42 am

I fell in love with t he first pit bull I knowingly met. I was working at a vet in an affluent suburb outside of Boston. Her name was Pandora, she was nearly all white. Funny thing was I grew up in a city that was teeming with bulldogs yet I couldn't recall seeing one. I'm a dog fanatic so if there was a dog around, I was sure to go meet it, or at least notice it.

After I left the vet in the posh neighborhood, I began working at the local vet. They also served as trhe pound for a number of communities and I toiled to get the unclaimed dogs to breed rescues and shelters. I couldn't understand how certain dogs were deemed unadoptable based on their appearance so I began taking in pit bulls. I did a lot wrong, good intentions are not good enough. Suffice it to say, I have made good placements, some mediocre and some I regret. I have learned alot in the over ten years that I have been living with these wonderful animals and I still feel clueless at times.

I currently have 9 dogs, 7 rescued pits, 5 males, 2 females, a female shiba inu mix that my sister picked up on a road trip, and a male that looks like a pygmy Argentine dogo, all are neutered.

I have dabbled in agility and obedience; Tucker, my 14 year old, was once a registered therapy dog. At some point I'd like to try flyball and get seriously into agility.

Oh, and I have a dog daycare to which my beloved Moss accompanies me nearly every day. She jumps the gates quite often to see her favorite people and dogs or meet new people or dogs when I'm taking too long to formally introduce her. It's refreshing when the kids make such a fuss over her; she lives to kiss, and try climbing into people's pockets.

More than one client has told me that Moss has caused them to change their mind about pits. (I have to stress to them that Moss isn't typical- she has nearly neverending patience and tolerance for dogs. She has even failed to defend herself when attacked by loose dogs on the street.)

I've met alot of dogs that I love and admire (I confess that I even like some goldens and labs), but there's something more to bulldogs. Part of their appeal to me is their amazing strength yet they're so meek and goofy with people. I can't imagine not ever having at least one.
redmoss
Adolescent Bully

Postby tjbsandy » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:20 am

:welcome:
tjbsandy

Postby pibbles and bits » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:28 am

i think you'll fit right in here!
pibbles and bits

Postby X-girl » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:16 pm

You sound like a great ambassador for the breed!
Last edited by X-girl on Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X-girl
Regulator

Postby PitBullPride » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:28 pm

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
PitBullPride

Postby moto1320 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:38 pm

Welcome to the board. :))
moto1320
Regulator

Postby barbponys » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:44 pm

:welcome: Good for you!
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby spane1 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:58 pm

:hi
Welcome to the board!

Sarah
spane1

Postby Boscoe13 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:57 pm

Welcome! :hi
Boscoe13

Postby concreterose » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:12 pm

concreterose
Regulator

Postby Chris » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:13 pm

:welcome: You must be a very busy person.
Chris

Postby LoveMyBulls » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:00 pm

WELCOME!!!! :hi
LoveMyBulls

Postby ShadowWolf » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:35 am

Welcome to the group, Red Moss!
ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

Postby Boo439 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:51 am

Welcome!! I think you're going to love this place. :))
Boo439

Return to Introductions