Hello in there!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello in there!

Postby moochesmama » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:18 pm

Just found this forum through a rescue coordinator and thought I'd introduce myself BEFORE I lurk too much. Plus - it's great to show of my beloved pooch and foster pooch. I spent years showing and living with pack of Basenjis and bred a few litters responsibly (tested for health, took back a lot of dogs for a lot of reasons) but still felt bad about the occasional less than ideal placement :oops: . Basenjis are another breed that is tough to place well - lot's energy, some dog aggression, and a "different" personality. My conscience got the best of me and when my last basenji was 15, I adopted a pit mix (Mr. Mooches) from a humane society that was getting ready to put him down because he had been in rescue too long. I made every mistake in the book, but I think I'm finally learning. And he's still a fantastic family member - loving, a great house dog, no barking, smart (okay, not stupid anyway). This is Mooches (now almost 6 yrs old) on the hot tub cover:

The more I've gotten to know him, the more I've become fascinated with the breed. So a little while ago we decided to foster baby Ginger, who was in an overcrowded animal control/shelter (she was pregnant, delivered, and raised pups, too) for nearly 3 monthes before they decided her time was almost up. She was a little motherly looking so no one wanted to adopt her! Imagine, a PERFECT little (43 pounds) rednose with no behavior problems. Luckily, she found a fantastic home right before Christmas! Thanks if you're listening in! Lucky Ginger:

Now we are fostering Daisy - from the same animal control/shelter and through the same organization. She's low key - almost lazy and sooooo sweet. I love her fat lips! We may keep her if we can get our picky boy to like her - we're trying to be very slow in introducing them. Unfortunately, I had some sneaking suspicions and had the vet x-ray her hips while she was out for her spay and she has the early stages of hip dysplasia - I guess almost a third of bully breeds do.... So now I'm pestering her with glucosamine tablets all the time...

Our biggest challenge is finding someone besides little dogs (who he ADORES) and puppies that Mooches will live with. Sad thing is - he's not even a fighter - just a grumpy, jealous dog that will push other dogs to their limit if he doesn't like them. I keep telling him that if he accepts Daisy then he won't have to put up with anymore fosters.... (don't tell him or my SO that I'm lying !!!).

Anyway - glad to see all your beautiful dogs and great ideas. Hope the pics work....

Deb
moochesmama
Bully Ambassador

Postby PitBullPride » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:21 pm

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
PitBullPride

Postby pocketpit » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:30 pm

:welcome:
pocketpit

Postby X-girl » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:50 pm

Great intro! Really cute doggies!
X-girl
Regulator

Postby Boscoe13 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:05 pm

:welcome: to the board!
Boscoe13

Postby violet » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:19 pm

:hi :welcome:
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby kazuo » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:45 am

kazuo
Site Admin

Postby tjbsandy » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:12 am

tjbsandy

Postby mypitmika » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:09 am

I hate when I can't see pics :crybaby: haha
welcome :hi
mypitmika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: Hello in there!

Postby rosiegirl » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:28 am

moochesmama wrote:
Our biggest challenge is finding someone besides little dogs (who he ADORES) and puppies that Mooches will live with. Sad thing is - he's not even a fighter - just a grumpy, jealous dog that will push other dogs to their limit if he doesn't like them.

Welcome. Mooches sounds just like my Rosie-dog! :)
rosiegirl

Postby concreterose » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:29 pm

concreterose
Regulator

Postby Boo439 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:52 pm

Welcome to the board!! :hi
Boo439

Return to Introductions