hey there

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Postby lluksa » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:25 pm

Oh my gosh, your puppy is ADORABLE!
lluksa
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby HogDog » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:40 pm

im joined also in a staffordshire bull terrier forum and i posted my pics and everyone asked where i got my pup from and i told them. I got chewed out by everyone? I guess the couldnt handle a true working stafford as pretty much everyone on that forum just breeds for show. If i post the website here will i get criticized. The only thing the people didnt like is that the website is graphic with dead boars from going boar hunting. It is one of my best buddies kennels so it was kinda offensive when it got put down so much.
HogDog

Postby phez718 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:52 pm

There are differing views on our forum, but the majority of us have high standards when it comes to breeders. I think breeders should health test, title, and breed for correct conformation, as well as tempermant.

If you'd like an example, check out http://matrixkennels.com/home.htm

Scot's dogs are health tested, he doesn't have an excessive amount of litters and every dog that he has bred is titled(even the pets.) I also LOVE HartaGold, she is an excellent breeder who also does rescue and just so happens to be a member here.

So, to answer your question, you probably will be critisized by some people. Opinions are like a-holes, everyone's got one.
phez718

Postby whiskeyman » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:22 pm

Isn't a staffy bull a litle small to be a catch dog?

jeremy
whiskeyman

Postby HogDog » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:45 pm

for a big hog but not the smaller ones! Like Sows and even juvy boars under about 100 pounds.
HogDog

Postby whiskeyman » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:25 pm

How is the dog supposed to distinguish the difference between a small sow and a big ass hog?

I know very little about hog hunting other than the fact that there are a few around my neck of the woods. I have seen a few and am glad I was far away. They are some mean mofos.

jeremy
whiskeyman

Postby HogDog » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:30 pm

You dont just set the dog any any Hog I usually use american bulldogs to handle some but occasionally we will take a staffy bull and if there is a small boar we will use the satffys. Not because the bulldogs are too big just because the staffys love it and we want them to have some fun!
HogDog

Postby whiskeyman » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:13 pm

HogDog wrote:You dont just set the dog any any Hog I usually use american bulldogs to handle some but occasionally we will take a staffy bull and if there is a small boar we will use the satffys. Not because the bulldogs are too big just because the staffys love it and we want them to have some fun!

Oh Ok...

I think I got it now.

You have Bay dogs (is that what their called?) that find the hog and hold it at bay. Then you release the catch dog? That right?

Do the bay dogs try and hold the pig themselves?

jeremy
whiskeyman

Previous

Return to Introductions