Me and my girl

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Me and my girl

Postby Mackavellio » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:08 pm

Hello all. I just joined the site a few days ago, but have been browsing the site for a while now. Just thought I would share a pic of my red-nose pitbull. She's 2 years old and looking to breed her soon. More pics to come later.

Mackavellio

Postby blover27 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:12 pm

welcome *popcorn emoticon* :))
blover27

Postby pibbles and bits » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:05 pm

welcome!!!!!!

*popcorn emoticon as well....* ;)
pibbles and bits

Postby violet » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:13 pm

Cute pup and welcome. What titles has she won? I mean..no offense...but she is titled right?
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBullPride » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:30 pm

Welcome. Have you thouroughly researched the consequences to breeding????
PitBullPride

Postby whiskeyman » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:49 pm

blover27 wrote:welcome *popcorn emoticon* :))

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Mackavellio,

Why do you want to breed your dog?

She is very pretty but so is every dog on this board. There are quite a large number of pitbulls in shelters everywhere.

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action ... %20Terrier

Have a look at that link. There are over 4,000 pits and pit mixes that are homeless in NJ alone.

Send me a PM if ya get a chance.

jeremy
whiskeyman

Postby Noriko525 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:59 pm

Welcome!

Check you PM's... gave ya a little heads up!!
Noriko525
Bully Ambassador

Postby Mackavellio » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:43 pm

Titled as in?
Mackavellio

Postby JCleve86 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:49 pm

Conformation titles to prove shes standard, working titles to prove that she has heart (the CORE of this breed), health titles to prove she has no health problems or hereditary problems she may pass on to offspring (esp. hips, hearts, elbows), and temperament titles to prove she behaves like a proper pit bull ought to.
JCleve86
Forum Junky

Postby voodoopitbull » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:51 pm

Mackavellio wrote:Titled as in?

Titled as in conformation or performance titles...Championship, Agility, Tracking, Schutzhund...etc.

First of all, welcome to the forum.

Secondly, please read up a little bit on dog breeding and the current APBT crisis we are facing now before you decide to breed your dog. Please check these websites out.

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/breeding.cfm
http://www.pbrc.net/breeding.html

Breeding isn't a decision to make on a whim.
voodoopitbull

Postby JCleve86 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:52 pm

I'd also add that while I'm sure you have good intentions (your gal is probably a sweetheart and you probably want to breed her to make more sweet pit bulls, right?), the truth is that that is how EVERY pit bull is (or should be). There are literally thousands of homeless pit bulls that are just as good as your gal...why add to the problem? Unless you have an OUTSTANDING dog who will improve the breed (not just add more friendly pet pit bulls...improve means producing better structured, better working, more sound pit bulls), you shouldn't add to the overpopulation problem.

Welcome...I'm sure you'll learn a lot here! Don't be offended either...it's not personal or an attack on your little gal...it's about the dogs, and more specifically the huge overpopulation problem this breed is facing right now.
JCleve86
Forum Junky

Postby concreterose » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:19 pm

concreterose
Regulator

Postby Mackavellio » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:47 pm

I'm sorry to bring up such a controversy about the breeding issue. What I meant to say was that I was thinking about breeding her, haven't made up my mind about the issue yet. Thanks for all your input and advice about the situation and yes, adoption would be a route to consider for myself.
Mackavellio

Postby tjbsandy » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:00 pm

:hi :welcome:

Please hang around for a while! Your girl is beautiful and we'd love to see more pics of her!
tjbsandy

Postby whiskeyman » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:02 pm

Mackavellio wrote:I'm sorry to bring up such a controversy about the breeding issue.

No controversy. It is just that we are very passionate about or dogs and bully breeds in general.

Pitbull type dogs and their onwers are going through a really tough time lately. Breed Specific Legislation is a reality in many areas of the country and broadening every day. One of the problems facing our breed of choice is the fact that they are so indiscriminately bred. Dog owners are breeding any any male with any female just to get a littler of pups that can bring in some cash. Too many pups are brought into this world and are more than likely dropped on the streets or dumped in shelters. Dogs without the proper sound temperment are often bred and produce pups with issues and that are often man biters. It is these people breeding irresponibley that are going to cost us all our beloved dogs.

Not one thing that has been said has been directed toward you and isn't meant to be taken as a personal attack. It is jsut that we all love are dogs and hope to be able to legally keep our dogs for years to come. Every day it looks less and less likely that BSL will be dissolved.

later
jeremy
whiskeyman

Next

Return to Introductions