Another newbie here

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Another newbie here

Postby deviben3 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:25 pm

just wanted to say hi to everyone and i hope to learn a lot from you all.

devin
deviben3

Postby voodoopitbull » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:26 pm

Welcome to the forum! :hi
voodoopitbull

Postby concreterose » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:26 pm

ImageI'm sure you'll learn a lot! :thumbsup:
concreterose
Regulator

Postby PitBullPride » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:28 pm

Welcome!
PitBullPride

Postby X-girl » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:31 pm

Hi Devin! Are you a PB owner or fan? Tell us a little about yourself!
X-girl
Regulator

a little about myself

Postby deviben3 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:38 pm

Well i'm a girl who just turned 20 jan 15th...I have been raised with pitbulls and many other breeds..pitbulls are by far my favorite though.My family has been breeding them for over 45 years now, so I know the breed. Currently i just moved to north carolina from florida and only have a couple of dogs...one female 11 mth old and another 2 year old who i just bred, both dogs are Jeep/Gator/Bolio lines. I know i'm young and a girl, but i know a lot more than people give me credit for and i'm always open to suggestions and help from more experienced breeders...I just love the breed!

Devin
deviben3

Postby voodoopitbull » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:44 pm

Not to be mean or anything Devin but did the dogs you breed have any titles? Health checks (as in hips, eyes, etc)?

There are a loooot of pit bulls in this world. A lot. I'm sure breeding means a lot to you as your family has done it...but make sure to take a look at your local animal control at all the sad pit bull faces that're scheduled to die. Do you really want to ad more pit bulls to the world? Think about it.

I hope you look around and learn a lot from this forum.
voodoopitbull

Re: a little about myself

Postby whiskeyman » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:46 pm

deviben3 wrote:My family has been breeding them for over 45 years now, so I know the breed.

45 years is a long time.

Do you have any pics of dogs that have come from your kennel?

Do you show your dogs?

jeremy
whiskeyman

Postby Boo439 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:51 pm

45 years IS a long time!! Welcome to the board. Hope to see pics of the dogs that are being bred.

**Hoping they look like the "classic" pit bulls I love so much**

Where in Florida did you move from?
Boo439

pits

Postby deviben3 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:57 pm

Well of course I have titles and health checks, i truly agree with what your saying about too many pitbulls, but the bitch i just bred is triple registered and so is the stud...I hardly ever do any breedings, these pups are already ALL sold..I make sure I have homes before I even do a breeding. Yes I have health checks done and my dogs are DNA profiled and the pups will be too! I'm not here to try and sell my dogs, just to show them off and learn about everyone elses dogs...I love the breed.
Yes I do have pics of are old time dogs, but I have to get my scanner hooked up, like i said i just moved from florida and i don't have everything set up yet, i will post pics as soon as i can. I actually don't conformation show my pitbulls, but i do show cairn terriers..I hog hunt with my pits, but mostly they're my lap dogs. Once i get everything together i will post pedigree and pics of all my dogs and past dogs.
deviben3

fl to nc

Postby deviben3 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:58 pm

I moved from a small town called Flagler Beach, it is between st.augustine and daytona.
deviben3

Re: pits

Postby voodoopitbull » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:17 pm

Awesome! I can't wait to see pics! What kinda titles do your dogs have? :)
voodoopitbull

titles

Postby deviben3 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:25 pm

Currently the bitch i just bred is ukc ch, and i have entered her in 2 weight pulling events, a sat and sun thing, she pulled 2400 lbs her first time, she's 60 lbs...when we hog hunt it's just for fun not in comp. although we would like to get into it, but we're gonna wait for a male pup to start... right now i have 2 bitch, one young who i don't know how she's gonna turn out but we love her anyway...i'll post pics of her when they allow me to in the gallery and u can tell me what u think, but she still has at least another year to fill out or maybe more.
deviben3

Postby HogDog » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:56 pm

well if you do decide to do hog catching make sure you dont do it in a state its illegal as it has started to become illegal im not sure all the sates but i know of South carolina and Texas and there is a couple more. It isnt illegal in North Carolina because no one really does it here in competitions. One of my friends got arrested for it and many more have been arrested so be careful. I have stopped competing as I know its illegal and I knew it would become illegal just like dogfighting. Hog hunting is still legal and should be for a while but im sure any kind of hunting will become illegal sometime, but not for a while hopefully. If you have any questions send me a PM.
HogDog

Postby tjbsandy » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:56 pm

:welcome:
tjbsandy

Next

Return to Introductions