Hello everyone

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
PlatinumLine
Newborn Bully

Hello everyone

Postby PlatinumLine » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:36 pm

Hello there, My name is Jonathan. I am located in southern Louisiana.
I currently no longer breed american pit bull terriers as i have found my liking to be the American Bully. I do and will always love the original style of the dogs (apbt).
I joined in hopes to just get to know some more folks and everything else that comes with these forums.
you can check out my babies here
kennel link removed

I know many of you won't like my style, but hey, i'm not here to push my style on anyone.

Thanks for looking

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:41 pm

Eeep...no kennel links allowed here.

natebritchcock
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby natebritchcock » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:55 pm

welcome to the forum.

just wandering what made you decide to switch to the AmBull?

icebluelily
Super Bully

Postby icebluelily » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:58 pm

:welcome:

PlatinumLine
Newborn Bully

Postby PlatinumLine » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:18 pm

oh, i am very sorry about the kennel link

natebritchcock......to tell you the truth i have always leaned more toward the bully style even when i was breeding apbt's. I always liked the stockier ones. Personal preference i guess....now i am full blown American Bully. but like i said, i will always have love for the apbt.

sarallyn
Bully Ambassador

Postby sarallyn » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:06 pm

Hey there! We're pretty tough on breeders that don't meet the breeder code of ethics here due to the outstanding amount of pit bull-type dogs being euthanized in shelters.
Do you health test (OFA, CERF, Pennhip)? Conformation titles? What distinguishes you from a "back yard breeder"? What are you achieving with your breeding program?

Hope you stick around, we have a few AmBully enthusiasts around here.

PlatinumLine
Newborn Bully

Postby PlatinumLine » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:32 pm

sarallyn wrote:Hey there! We're pretty tough on breeders that don't meet the breeder code of ethics here due to the outstanding amount of pit bull-type dogs being euthanized in shelters.
Do you health test (OFA, CERF, Pennhip)? Conformation titles? What distinguishes you from a "back yard breeder"? What are you achieving with your breeding program?

Hope you stick around, we have a few AmBully enthusiasts around here.

well, I can promise you that i am no back yard breeder. I do very few breedings to begin with.

as far as health testing, i haven't done it as though i know i should be. Especially with the extra mass of my dogs. I actually looked into it a while back and could get no info in my area. I hear there is someone in the Lafayette area that does the pennhip, which i understand is a little better than ofa.

conformation titles: well, i gave ukc a shot and got some points on one of my girls, but im sure you know how the ukc looks at my type of dogs. So now i am doing ABKC.
I decided early on that i would show only dogs that I produced. Well, i have two girls that are 11 months old that i produced and one of them will have her first show in March.

My breeding program: Well, I like bully and that is where i am heading. I don't do the super high rear easty westy messed up fronts type of stuff. I still want to stay on the clean side. I still want my dogs to function properly.

I know most apbt people don't really get along with the bully breeders, but I am not here to argue. I am not ignorant to the apbt's as i had them as a child (my uncle use to breed them) and i also bred them for a while myself. I am not one of them coming on post saying "hey, my pits are better than yours". I know apbt and i know ambullies....I separate them as the two breeds that they are. I don't even compare them cause to me they are two different dogs.

any questions for me feel free to ask....i am very open minded as well

Tahla9999
Bully Ambassador

Postby Tahla9999 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:28 pm

Welcome! I love to see more american bully owners coming on here!

Tahla9999
Bully Ambassador

Postby Tahla9999 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:29 pm

Oh, pics please?

PlatinumLine
Newborn Bully

Postby PlatinumLine » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:09 am

Tahla9999 wrote:Oh, pics please?

ok...let me figure out this site a lil bit and i'll post up my babies for ya....lol
:)

PlatinumLine
Newborn Bully

Postby PlatinumLine » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:59 am

ok...here we go...here are my doggies

first of i'll start with my oldest male....he is about 4.5
This is Tane

here is my other male...he is about 14 months
This is Kronos

this is my girl Bergie....produced right here
11 months old

and this is Bergie's sister....her name is Breeze
11 months

here is my girl Kami - 6.5 months

thank you all for looking

and just so you all know....i am very open to criticizzzzm...lol.....only makes us better ya know

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:05 am

Your dogs don't look as (pardon the term, but it seems to fit) mutated as other styles of Ambullies I've seen.
Tane is very handsome as are the others - Bergie, though, has more of that long backed style that I've seen in other places, the dogs actually don't even look like dogs anymore. Do you know why that is, and is that the direction you are headed or are you going with more of the Tane-style dogs?

Welcome to PBF!

PlatinumLine
Newborn Bully

Postby PlatinumLine » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:21 am

msvette2u wrote:Your dogs don't look as (pardon the term, but it seems to fit) mutated as other styles of Ambullies I've seen.
Tane is very handsome as are the others - Bergie, though, has more of that long backed style that I've seen in other places, the dogs actually don't even look like dogs anymore. Do you know why that is, and is that the direction you are headed or are you going with more of the Tane-style dogs?

Welcome to PBF!

first off thank you....

Bergie is not as long backed as she looks in that pic....she was kinda a-framed in that pic as well....she is actually a pretty well proportioned dog
I'll see if i can find some side shots of her in a bit.

as far as the direction i am headed: Tane has the frame i like, Bergie has the head i like, kronos and kami have the tone i like...Breeze has the body shape i like....i am hoping to get a combination of them.....Kami will be going to Bergie's dad when her time comes.....Bergie's dad carries a strong head gene and i am hoping Kami will throw her structure and tone.
Breeze will be going to Kronos when she is ready.....in hopes that breeze will clean up most of Kronos's flaws and kronos will pass on his muscle tone......
maybe that will help you get a feel for where i am headed.

as far as warped structure that you talk about: I can't speak on other people vision, but it is far to common that people will post up warped dogs on the net and brag about them and others will tell them that their dog is "fire"....The only thing i could say to you about that is to get out to a bully show....them people don't show up at the shows. It is moslty very nice dogs at these shows and even better people.
I don't get involved in what other people are doing. I don't really feel it is my business. But i do see where you are coming from.

bullydogla
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby bullydogla » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:23 am

Your on the westbank or northshore area? I've seen your kennel site awhile back.

PlatinumLine
Newborn Bully

Postby PlatinumLine » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:33 am

bullydogla wrote:Your on the westbank or northshore area? I've seen your kennel site awhile back.

i am just south of Lafayette

and here is another shot of bergie....sorry for the pic, its bad, and her head is cut off but it will just give you an idea

Return to “Introductions”