Hi! Kinda new - lurk a lot!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
House O Fur
Newborn Bully

Hi! Kinda new - lurk a lot!

Postby House O Fur » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:16 am

Hello! I’ve been on here before, but it was brief and I guess I didn’t log in enough and/ or just have NO idea what my username/ psword would be… or my original email account.

Anyhow, I have 2 dogs – shepherd mix Sadie and pit bull mix (this is arguable) Lexie, an elderly asthmatic cat named Buddy (all spayed females) and now 2 foster dogs, both labs, both males, thankfully both neutered! Their names are Snickers and Rescue (silly name since he came from Petland).

Lexie is what originally got me reading this forum. She was a stray and depending on which pic/ view you have of her some say definite pit bull, some say no, I don’t care either way. Love them all to pieces. John Q. Public sees Lex and insists pit bull so whether she is or not, I have to be aware of public perception. From what I’ve learned here and from other research, she has a lot of the traits, a very similar build (she’s big though, 75lbs), so I assume there’s some mix in there.

Why I’m back for an intro – I need help. These 2 fosters are pretty new, completely unexpected, and are wreaking havoc in my household!!! So, once I could get access I’d love to look for some help in behavior/ training.

I have always loved dogs, always supported rescue and shelters and while I didn’t go looking for a pit bull I am fascinated by the breed.

About us - Buddy, taken in as a stray, will be 14 (we think) this year and is queen of the household, but has nothing to do with the dogs. Sadie will be 3 this spring and was adopted from a local shelter, Lexie will be 3 this fall (best guess). She was found as a stray and brought with her a torn ear, mange, anemia, worms, and fear of EVERYTHING.
My fosters were just recently pulled from a kill shelter. I knew their original owner and have known ‘the boys’ since they were puppies. The ‘friend’ and I grew apart, but I love these dogs. They went from inside living to a garage to a small outside mud filled kennel because the new husband doesn’t believe in big dogs in the house. When I found out they were missing, I made a few calls, found them in the kill shelter, pulled them and the ‘friend’ doesn’t want them back… They will be 9 and 5 this year.

Not sure what else to post. I’ll most likely always lurk more than post but I would love some suggestions on my current situation with the fosters and how it’s affecting Lex (that’s a long topic for behavior).
On with the pics:
Buddy

Sadie

Lex

Sadie and Lex

The foster boys (Snickers is the blonde, Rescue is red)

love for ba brody
Bully Ambassador

Postby love for ba brody » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:04 pm

Welcome to PBF! :hi

brannybritchcock
Adolescent Bully

Postby brannybritchcock » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:17 pm

welcome back to the forum and thanks for the pics

House O Fur
Newborn Bully

Postby House O Fur » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:10 pm

I love to post pics of my babies... need to get some new ones uploaded to share soon!

House O Fur
Newborn Bully

Postby House O Fur » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:36 am

Just thought I'd say hello and Happy Wednesday!

Intro section seems slow..... patience is a virtue :)

House O Fur
Newborn Bully

Postby House O Fur » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:39 am

just thought I'd say Hi to everyone again!

HI!

House O Fur
Newborn Bully

Postby House O Fur » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:10 am

Feel so silly bumping my own thread :oops:

Ariel Payopay
Site Admin

Postby Ariel Payopay » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:27 am

:modwelcomeonly2:

Return to “Introductions”