Hi! New...1st adoption experience

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Postby 412Rugger » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:57 pm

I love the 1st one too! Kansas is rather far though. Anyone have experience with having dogs shipped?

The other thing is from what i've read and heard, a male would work best since there is already a female at the house.
412Rugger

Postby Boo439 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:11 pm

Aww!!! Poor Sally was attacked by a LAB!!! Once again... Grr....
Boo439

Postby 412Rugger » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:01 pm

I've decided to expand my search somewhere around max. of 4 hours away. I've found a few males under 6 mo. old, i'm just waiting to hear back about their adoption policies considering it would be hard to do a house inspection being so far away.
412Rugger

Postby violet » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:13 pm

Welcome and soon to be congrats. Puppy season is about to hit full swing so if you don't find what you want immediately do NOT give up hope. In the next month or so shelters will start filling up with unwanted puppies.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby blover27 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:14 pm

violet wrote:Welcome and soon to be congrats. Puppy season is about to hit full swing so if you don't find what you want immediately do NOT give up hope. In the next month or so shelters will start filling up with unwanted puppies.
theres an actual puppy season?? good grief
blover27

Postby violet » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:19 pm

blover27 wrote:
violet wrote:Welcome and soon to be congrats. Puppy season is about to hit full swing so if you don't find what you want immediately do NOT give up hope. In the next month or so shelters will start filling up with unwanted puppies.
theres an actual puppy season?? good grief

Unfortunately yes..there are puppies year round but a couple of times of year it peaks and goes crazy. It's the time of year I dread because NO ONE adopts adult dogs.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby 412Rugger » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:24 pm

Wow I wasnt aware of that.
412Rugger

Postby Boo439 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:34 pm

It's the same for kittens. Although there's really more than one season. They usually come in waves.
Boo439

Postby violet » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:48 pm

Boo439 wrote:It's the same for kittens. Although there's really more than one season. They usually come in waves.

yeah theres the spring season and the fall season and a couple smaller bursts in between. You figure week long heat cycle, 9 weeks pregnant, 6 weeks with kittens/puppies puppies and kitties ready for new homes, heat cycles and the 16 weeks starts over. I think cats go into heat more often than dogs? dogs usually twice a year? (Im not particularly up on these thigns since ive never had an unaltred dog lol)
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby tjbsandy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:47 am

Welcome to the board!
tjbsandy

Postby ShadowWolf » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:05 pm

Boo439 wrote:It's a shame you are so far away, pitbullpride has a whole litter of pit bull pups that will be up for adoption in about a month or so. They are cute, too!

Hey, couldn't we get a doggie train to Pittsburg if he wanted to adopt one of PitbullPride's pups? It's not that far a ride!
ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

Postby 412Rugger » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:48 pm

Where is pitbull pride located? this is Pittsburgh, PA , i think there is a Pittsburg w/o the h in kentucky :)
412Rugger

Postby sundaygirl » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:51 pm

Welcome fellow Pittsburgher! Are you as depressed as I am today? :crybaby:

Have you checked www.pghdogs.com? They have available dogs on there from Animal Friends and the Animal Rescue League.
sundaygirl

Postby 412Rugger » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:08 pm

Yea i'm kinda bummed out a little :po: . No i havent checked that site yet, but i will do so now! thanks!
412Rugger

Postby voodoopitbull » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:17 pm

Welcome to the forum! :hi
voodoopitbull

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions