soon to be newbie...help me out!!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Postby violet » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:38 am

Your breeder is in Washington state? How did you choose this breeder? Just curious.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby tjbsandy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:59 am

Welcome to the board! Keep on doing research! :hi
tjbsandy

Postby Crash » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:53 am

I researched the internet for aprox 3 months and asked my friends who owned pits about breeders around the area. If there are any good breeders around the North Carolina/South Carolina area..... I certainly missed them!! I chose this breeder for many reasons. Orginally I was just e-mailing a bunch of kennels asking basic info on the apbt breed and most of them wrote me 2 or 3 sentence response and then they were like we have some puppies available for so and so. This breeder in WA would regulary write me 1 to 2 page responses trying to help me out and how to find a good breeder. She obviously cared about me getting a good dog because she did not say "get one from me!!". She does not breed very often at all. She is not out in it for the money, but because she enjoys doing what she does and loves the apbt breed.

For some reason a lot of the pit bull kennels have dogs that look severly deformed....short stubby legs......watermelon sized heads and weighting well over 90 pounds and not even 16 inches tall at the shoulders :yucky: A lot of the kennels had pictures of pit bulls representing them to be vicious dogs and that is not the image that I want to promote for the APBT.
But hey thats fine if thats their thing.... just not mine! The breeder that I decided to go with was also very down to earth...helpful. She sent me pictures of her kennel and it was very clean and she devotes a lot of her time during the day cleaning and maintaing the dogs enviroment. There might be a lot of good breeders but not good people or vice versa. This lady was both of them and really did make me comfortable and most importantly.... I really did like her dogs!! She keeps the sire in doors and is constantly socialized with people unlike many of the kennels that have dogs chained up outside. For those of you who do that... I have no problem with that and do not think it is cruel, but I find it hard to relate to people who love their pits, but chain them up.
Crash

Postby Patch O' Pits » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:48 pm

I think you have good reasons then for choosing. I personally do not know them, so can't give you an oppinion.

I do also think it is very important to be comfortable with who you get a dog from in general wether it is a breeder or rescue especially with this breed!

I'm glad you did your homework and are happy.

Wow that is a pile of pups heheheh! They look shiny and healthy in the picture on the site, but I really can't tell much about them from those pictures heheh. I look forward to seeing more pictures!

Good Luck!
Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

I love you

Postby teacher » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:31 am

I can't wait until we get our new little family member. You're granting a wish I've had my whole life. I'm finally getting a dog. 8)
teacher

Previous

Return to Introductions