Not good news...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby patty » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:58 am

Thinking of you and Shay. :hug:

Will be sending positive thoughts your way.
patty
Forum Junky

Postby msvette2u » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:02 pm

Hang in there...we're here for you :)
msvette2u

Postby FBODGRL » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:36 pm

julie64 wrote:Thanks everyone. Going to another vet is not a option. I have been with my vet for 17 years now. He has never led me wrong yet. The reason I like my vet is because he is straight up with me. I have not put everything on here, part of me hopes it will make the outcome better, I guess.
I did find another lump by Shays shoulder yesterday(small, pimplelike) I was already told that she may have more lumps appear.

Shay and I do appreciate everyone's well wishes.

Reading stuff like this always makes me concerned. Khan has got a few bumps. I swear they disappear just as I freak out about them though. The last couple I put coconut oil on and they went away. If he gets another one maybe I should take him in.

If you need anything let me know!
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:17 pm

Going back to vet today. Shay now has a lump on her left side above hip. I noticed it as soon as I got her up this morning. She also is now having allergy symptoms, contant scratching and her ears are very yeasty, something we haven't dealt with in over 4 years.
julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby pitgrrl » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:29 pm

I hope everything goes well at the vet.
pitgrrl
Regulator

Postby Allie » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:08 pm

:hug: Stay tough.
Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilikelily » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:54 pm

sending a thousand good thoughts!
ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jewelsdaddy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:07 pm

pitgrrl wrote:I hope everything goes well at the vet.

x2!
jewelsdaddy
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Roxers » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:10 pm

julie64 wrote:She also is now having allergy symptoms, contant scratching and her ears are very yeasty, something we haven't dealt with in over 4 years.

That is probably from the histamine production by the mast cells. :( Are you already giving her Benadryl? That may help. :hug:
Roxers
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby julie64 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:22 pm

Roxers wrote:
julie64 wrote:She also is now having allergy symptoms, contant scratching and her ears are very yeasty, something we haven't dealt with in over 4 years.

That is probably from the histamine production by the mast cells. :( Are you already giving her Benadryl? That may help. :hug:

Yes, I am now. The reason my vet wanted me to bring her in is because Shays rabies vac is due tommorrow. My vet did not want to give it to her, as it will compromise her system more. The oncologist office sent him a fax saying they needed Shay's rabies to be updated before her appointment next week or he could not see her. I am pissed, it doesn't matter to them if her system goes more out of wack Just as long a she has her damn rabies shot.
julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby Roxers » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Well, legally... if she happens to bite somebody at the vet because she gets scared or whatever, if she is overdue on rabies she is considered unvaccinated and either has to be euthanized or quarantined for 6 months, neither of which you want. It is not the oncologists' fault really.. it is federal and state law.
Roxers
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Beowulf » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:31 pm

More hugs to you and Shay, Julie. :hug: :hug: :hug:
Beowulf
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:54 pm

Roxers wrote:Well, legally... if she happens to bite somebody at the vet because she gets scared or whatever, if she is overdue on rabies she is considered unvaccinated and either has to be euthanized or quarantined for 6 months, neither of which you want. It is not the oncologists' fault really.. it is federal and state law.

I get that. Was the last thing I needed to hear as she's scratching herself open now. I do appreciate your help.
julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:59 pm

when Pokie was in the hospital his rabies was due and they insisted he get it too! He was in the vet because he was getting ready to die and had to get a rabes shot. :sad:
but to top it all off, they did not make a record of it, then when I changed to the new vet it wasn't faxed over and the girl that did not document it was off for a week vacation so now new vet insisted he get a another one until I literally flipped out in her office that day.
Pokie was dead 3 days later, that rabies shot really was necessary wasn't it!!!!!!!
Try to stay strong Julie, have been keeping Shay in my prayers hee day and night.
Kisses and hugs from Paige, KaTee and myself to you both!
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:00 pm

:hug:

Any word?
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues