Future Owner-East Texas Area

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Postby Billings » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:12 am

GOOD NEWS BAD NEWS time!
Bad news- Cabella got scrapped and has Demodex mange :crybaby:
Good news- the first thing her mom said was that she would get her fixed. :thumbsup:

The vet told her the immune problem would be passed on the her pups.

Now we have dipped her (which I don't recomend from personal experience for light cases: http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=11749 ) and are looking forward to the food and supplement treatments. Gotta look on the bright side of things though!
Billings

Postby lucydog » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:45 am

Hello to a fellow Texan! It's really great that you are learning about the breed before you get one yourself.

You brought back some fond memories. Lucy had demodex when we got her, and we gave her Mitaban dips. She was a very hyper and naughty puppy and the Mitaban was like a downer for her. We were like, "hey, Lucy's being a pain in the butt today, let's dip her!" (totally kidding, y'all! We don't really believe in recreational dipping!)

This was 9 years ago, so I am sure there are better treatments now.

The people in the East Texas APBT club are really nice, if your friend is interested send me a private message. They also have fun shows that fixed/unregistered dogs can participate in.

have a great day!
lucydog
Bully Lover 4 Life

Previous

Return to Introductions