sashas poos!!!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

sashas poos!!!

Postby rosanneandkaya » Mon May 10, 2004 4:24 pm

hi everyone
thanks for all the replies regarding the hills feed, i am going for a nice drive tommorow to a larger pet store to get a better quality food. i just hope they sell the descent brands here in ireland. the question i have is regarding her toilets, she is pooing about 4 or 5 times a day and we are following her cleaning it up. is she going to the toilet so much because of the hills puppy food. we wormed her there on saturday and she was riddled. this is only a few weeks after the breeder told us that he had wormed her, i dont know if this is going to make things worse now regarding the amount of craps!. she is a little chocolate machine!!!
otherwise she is doing great!! except for the biting she has razors in her mouth i am sure.
thanks
steve rosy and sasha!
rosanneandkaya
Newborn Bully

Postby jmann4 » Mon May 10, 2004 8:07 pm

With a lower quality food she will poop more. I'm not sure about the worming but that could have something to do with it. She'll probably use the bathroom a little more when you switch her over to a higher quality food for a few days then she'll get to a point where she poops less.
jmann4

Postby myers » Tue May 11, 2004 7:11 am

as a general rule puppies will poo about twice as much as they eat. if the eat 3 times a day you can expect them too poo about 5 - 6 times a day. This will decrease as they get a little older. as long as the stools are firm and not runny you are in good shape. as far as worming goes. I got my pup at 8 weeks and she hadn't been wormed. after the first worming alot of the little critters came out...looked like some tasty spaggetti. i had her wormed again at 12 weeks and i only saw one little worm. just a reminder, they can get worms again at any time from their enviornment.
myers

Postby barbponys » Tue May 11, 2004 9:59 am

Round worms they are usually born with and come from mom. After worming them for that it usually isn't ever a problem again. Tape worms come from eating fleas, not all fleas have them but all it takes is eating the right one. Other worms come from smelling infected feces or, rarely, hookworms, from infected dirt. Ferel cats are the main source of hookworm from what I have been told. If any of this is mis-information I apologize. Any corrections are appreciated.

Pat
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby pocketpit » Tue May 11, 2004 4:57 pm

Puppies often need to be wormed several times so I wouldn't worry. Most vets here in the states would reccomend that you deworm again 14 days after the intital deworming.
pocketpit

Postby rosanneandkaya » Wed May 12, 2004 5:56 pm

hi guys
thanks for all the advice you have helped to put our mind at ease, when you lose a dog you look at evry little detail in our new pup.
thanks
steve rosy and sasha!!
rosanneandkaya
Newborn Bully

Return to Health Issues