Product Reviews

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
titan
Newborn Bully

Postby titan » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:52 pm

My hat off to http://www.nutra-9.com for their customer service and the fact they carry everything from holistic treats & food, power chews, bullie stick sams yams I could go on for a while. They also developed a holistic joint care supplement VG750 that from what I read in testimonies is incredible.

TacoFlavoredKisses
Bully Ambassador

Postby TacoFlavoredKisses » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:44 am

I just ordered from blocky collars and will be expecting it in a little over 2 months. But so far going smooth, She emailed me back promptly and I don't believe I was charged for a paypal fee.

Izaia
Newborn Bully

Postby Izaia » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:46 pm

http://newtrix.ca/docs/index.php

I just got my EasyWay from NewTrix and I love it. It will take some introduction just like any head collar if your dog isn't used to them, but I feel a whole lot safer putting this on Casey.

I used a GentleLeader with him for a bit, but it frightened me on the few occasions he'd spot an animal before me and lunge, causing his head to snap to the side hard. Of course, it helped get his attention back on me, but I always worried...what if he hit the lead on the GL just hard enough in the split second?

We went for a walk with the EasyWay today when it came and I'm impressed. It's a well put together piece of equipment, with a back up piece to hook to his collar. And if he pulls even slightly on the lead, the pressure at the back makes him just stop and look at me for direction.

Now, his animal reactivity will be a work in progress for a long time, slowly and surely, but now I won't worry about his head turning sharply when he decides he wants to act like an idiot that day.

Also, the GL began rubbing fur off his muzzle to the point I had to modify it with felt. As a note, I'd like to add that the EasyWay nosepiece comes with fleece on the inside for that reason.

TacoFlavoredKisses
Bully Ambassador

Postby TacoFlavoredKisses » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:19 pm

Just ordered from Ella's Leads today it was very simple to figure out, very straight forward. I am looking forward to it in the mail.

TacoFlavoredKisses
Bully Ambassador

Postby TacoFlavoredKisses » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:01 pm

I emailed both Blocky Dogs and Ella's leads today to check on the status of my product and both sent me an email in less than 2 hours.

So far very satisfied.

TacoFlavoredKisses
Bully Ambassador

Postby TacoFlavoredKisses » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:07 am

Just got my lead and Oscar"s attachment from Ella's leads. It looks so durable and I was surprised by how soon I had gotten it. The mountain rope looks awesome. I got one called space oddity which is black, teal, and maroon. It is light weight and soft. The metal looks great but upgraded everything to be stainless steel. Can't wait to take Taco on a walk. There will defiantly be pictures later. They even took the time to write a thank you note. So far I would recommend them to anyone.

TacoFlavoredKisses
Bully Ambassador

Postby TacoFlavoredKisses » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:08 pm

Just got me Blocky Dogs collar and I am in :inlove: . It looks awesome and feels like I could pass it on for generations. I would recommend them to any one.

TacoFlavoredKisses
Bully Ambassador

Postby TacoFlavoredKisses » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:45 pm

BlackxxDog
Newborn Bully

Product review

Postby BlackxxDog » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:21 pm

www.dogtownco.com
Great products, great people. They have everything I need, from spring-poles, custom collars,weightpull harnesses,heavy duty crates,supplements you name it. Great customer service.
www.getemboy.com
These guys have some very cool shirts. Kind of expensive but great look high quality.

killeenpits
Adolescent Bully

Re:

Postby killeenpits » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:08 am

Pipbull wrote:
slomoe wrote:got my new 2" collar with double keepers and velcro from stillwater kennels. I love the collar, so does lola. i was worried that it would bother her, being so big and all, and she's a lil girl. but as soon as i put it on, she looked so proud to be wearing it. collar came in two days! i ordered it and had so send a seperate email to choose a color, and i wasn't sure if they got it because i never received a email back. but sure enough it was exactly what i wanted. it was shipped in a lunchables box roflmao . i looked in my mail box and wondered who had shipped me a lunchable. Overall good experience.

I just got 2 of the same from him last night. Great quality, shipped quick, just what I asked for. Now let's just see how they hold up to my dirty duo. lol

I bought a 2" collar w/ velcro for Chico when he was around a year and a half. He's FIVE now, and the collar is still going strong! Velcro works great and no frays or anything. The collar is only slightly faded, but that's to be expected. He used to wear the collar permanantly, but now he only wears it when going outside, or whenever I forget to take it off :tongue:

haircrazie016
Bully Ambassador

Re: Product Reviews

Postby haircrazie016 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:47 am

OMG how I missed this thread is beyond me! I love to shop so let me see what I can add...

k9closet- http://www.k9closet.com/
I LOVE this site, its a bit more expensive then I'd like but they have tons to choose from, and the quality is really nice, smoothie collars are a favorite as they are perfect for dogs with sensitive skin or short/no hair! The came fast, and shipping isn't outrageous. If you sign up for their newsletter, they e-mail you codes and days for special sales its really awesome!

petedge- http://www.petedge.com/home.jsp
petedge is great for the prices, but quality is low. I buy a lot of cheap plush toys and things like that because you can't eat the price, but for big things like crates or things you want to be of quality like clothes/collars definitely not, the quality just isnt there... and if you dont like something they dont pay for the shipping, this is really a crappy situation when you buy something big like a crate to realize its to cheap and not practical and have to pay 70+ dollars to return it to them!! ugh. customer service is ok, the policy is bull sh*t.

dogwise- http://www.dogwise.com/
really good books, decent prices, helpful forum, fast shipment

dog.com -http://www.dog.com/
I actually prefer dog.com to petedge because well its just less annoying to deal considering things are of better quality, less disappointment I guess. fast shipping, great prices, I really love this site, they also have a good selection of cheap toys, and inexpensive health supplements..

ella's lead- http://www.ellaslead.com/
the rope leads are really nice and strong, a bit more then I need though... the hardwear is a little heavy for me, considering my dog is only 12lbs... but I use my leash anyway just because the teal is extremely pretty and soft lol I also have a 15ft leash in a pretty lilac that I bought for when I bring my dog to the park, again the hardware is a bit heavy for her, but it is MY fault... for not ordering the ropes approved for small dogs, I imagine their hardware is smaller and less heavy, but I wouldnt know for sure... my order was delayed a little bit because they were out of the lilac rope...but I know typically shipping is very fast, and I ordered during a 20% off sale so price was awesome!

I am sure I can think of some others... but thats it for now I'm tired! lol

InBearsMemory
Bully Ambassador

Postby InBearsMemory » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:02 pm

I recently purchased two 2" nylon security collars, two 1" nylon collars and two 6 foot nylon leashed from

http://tablerockharness.com/DogSupplies.htm

These guys are totally awesome to deal with and their customer service is surpassed any other company I have ever dealt with. This was the first time that I purchased anything from TableRock and I needed to have the leashes customized in order to fit my own hardware and TableRock delivered. The quality of the collars as well as the leashes is superb. It is not that soft flimsy nylon that starts fraying the minute something touches it but a rather semi stiff nylon. It is sturdy but still soft enough to be comfortable for the dog and your hands. One thing that really stands out is the quality of the stitching and that's something I look for in any gear that I purchase for my dogs. It is not the amount of stitching but rather the techniques used and this gear is top notch in that department. It is reinforced in all the right places and only quality heavy duty hardware is used, even for the 1" collars. All the gear has undergone very heavy and intense use throughout the last two weeks and it still looks and feels brand new. These are also the first collars I have bought for my dogs where I don't feel like I have to back them up using any other collars or clasps. The same goes for the leashes. That's how well made they are.
The gear is very handsome looking, is extremely functional and very heavy duty. Combine that with brilliant and very friendly and forthcoming customer service and you have TableRock. They are easily my new favorite when it comes to my dogs gear and I can't recommend them enough.

spritecann
Newborn Bully

Postby spritecann » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:23 am

Dog it Large Drinking Fountain -- made with large dogs in mind at a elevated position but allows water to flow on the sides for smaller dogs to use the drinking fountain, allows more than one dog to drink at a time if desired which is awesome for a multi. dog home. This drinking fountain has a splashguard to reduce spills and it is re-circulates water, 360degree design to position how you like, large water capacity 355 fl oz, purifies drinking water, and very easy to set up. I LOVE this product and so does Garrett and my mothers spaniel and beagle the water always stays cold for some reason it must be because of re-circulating water, its a bit pricey @ $80 @ Petsmart but well worth it this products ROCKS :headbang:

Dresden
Newborn Bully

Postby Dresden » Tue May 04, 2010 10:56 pm

Www.trendyhounds.com - A+++ rating :thumbsup:

-the price is VERY affordable
-the customer service was excellent
-turnaround was quick
- my collar shipped on 5/1 and I got it on 5/3!!
- perfect fit and sturdy, well built design

I love everything about TrendyHounds now. Penelope and I have gotten so many compliments already!

pumpkinpunk
Matured Bully

Postby pumpkinpunk » Tue May 11, 2010 11:22 am

So I'm at work and figured I'd do a toy review of things we carry at my store, and things Chance has annihilated.

1.) K9 Genius Leo or know as at my house "Cookie Ball"
This this has got to be my favorite toy! It resembles a bowling pin (or did) it's pretty tough for Chance to get cookies out, he either has to throw it around or push it around with his nose. The only pit fall is the top part (shaft) Chance was able to pull it off! The good part it did not make a wider opening at the top to make it easier for cookies to come out. So it is still pretty awesome. Do to the fact he was able to destroy it a bit but it still be perfect, and with daily play for over a year he has not ripped any more up. I give it a 4 out of 5 star rating!

2.) ChewGuard Technology - By Go Dog
This toy is made with a mesh inter lay so it is harder for a dog to rip into. Well I got one of these armadillo's for Obi (mini Dach) and he chewed through the tail in one day. Destuffed it, and pulled the squeaker out. This toy was $14 full retail. We do not carry the armadillo by them anymore. However! They do have a christmas line! They have a peppermint with no extremities and Chance got this for Xmas, it had an awesome squeak, and he was content with just chewing it and running around. Until one of the seams gave way, and it was quickly destuffed. It did last about 4 months intact. I'd give the product 1 star, but since this mint lasted until a stitch was pulled I'd give it 2 stars for Obi and 3 stars for Chance

3.) Kong Beehive - red LG
So I figured I would go for the largest beehive, since the one for Chances appropriate weight was torn in 2 in about 4 days of just chewing. It has lasted about a year intact, but the rubber looks like it is finally giving in to his constant chewing. He is content to just sit on the floor and chew down and have his jaw sprung back up by the weight of the ball. I think when the top rung finally goes I'll spring for the black kong! But I'd give it 4 stars for the red, and mainly because the one for his weight class was clearly for a lower weight class and mainly the red really isn't as strong as it could be.

4.)Bottle Buddies!
I love love this toy and so does Chance. It is a skin that Velcro's at the bottom so when your pooch finally crushes the bottle into submission you can replace it with another empty water bottle! The one thing I would suggest it pre cutting off all the ears, tails, and arms. Those were gone in a matter moments.

5.) Polka Dog Packabowl
I have used tons of transportable bowls that loose there shape or with fabric ones that loose there ability to hold water. Or ones that get just downright nasty and I throw out because they smell and you can't properly wash them because you do not want to put chemicals into a fabric bowl. When I go out I carry a big bag, so I was pretty stoked when my work came out with our own bowls. They are BPA free, dishwasher safe, waterproof and do not loose there shape when your dog drinks out of it.

6.)My Dog Heart Throb/Heart Tail
I really loves these, they have a super funny squeak noise, and its really durable to the point of (with the tail) Chance has been lifted by it and it is still intact! And with the heartthrob the rubber is really think so he hasn't been able to get the squeak out like with the Ruffians. 5 stars (make sure you get the one for the correct weight)

7.)Jute Rope toys
I'm still undecided on this because there are sharp splinter-ish pieces in it. It seems like it would be a good you and I like that it is made of natural fibers, but I think it could cause some gum damage if left to a dog who likes to chew and rip up ropes. I can't rate this because it seems like it could be a great product and maybe even entice chewing for the gums but the entire sharp parts that hurt my hands maybe seem like it would hurt gums.

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”