New Memeber from Fairbanks, Alaska "The Subzero Pitbull

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New Memeber from Fairbanks, Alaska "The Subzero Pitbull

Postby LJIGGA007 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:07 pm

Hello to all of my other pitbull lovers out there. I'm from Jacksonville, Florida orginally, but I joined the Army in 1999 and I've been in Alaska since Jan 2000. I have always loved pitbulls, but my mother was terrified of them from their bad press. I was finally able to get one in 2000. Some people feel Alaska is to extreme for pitbulls, but I beg to differ. I have a female that is Black with Greyline and Gaff bloodline. Her name is Diamond and she weighs about 75-80lbs. I just recently purchased a male that has the same bloodline, but he's Blue and beautiful. He just turned 4 months he will be quite the stud. There's a lot of pitbull owners up here, but the actual love for the breed I'm not sure of. I have few very close friends with nice pitbulls.Now that I'm out of the Army I'm doing my research and currently I'm thinking of starting my own kennel. I don't want to be the backyard breeder, so I'm doing extensive research I so I can make sure I'm pruducing top quality "Alaskan American Pitbull Terriers".

I'm also a active member of Alaska Hip-Hop, you should check out our site it's www.907hiphop.com
LJIGGA007

Postby damienApbt » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:38 pm

welcome to the board. its good to do a lot of research before starting a kennel. you've come to the right place. we take breeding very seriously here and you can basically find an outline here of how not to be a back yard breeder.

I have a gaff dog myself named rodney. I've learned a lot about gaff through this forum and my dog. i would recomend including gaff in part of your research. you can start by searching this forum.

welcome!! and post some pics. :thumbsup:
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby Boscoe13 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:07 pm

:welcome:
Boscoe13

Postby X-girl » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:47 pm

X-girl
Regulator

Welcome!

Postby moochesmama » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:06 am

Welcome to the board. I was born and raised in Fairbanks - Actually Salcha. I know how extreme the weather and the people can be! I still have a warm fuzzy feeling about the place...

I agree with what's been said - really do your research and (I don't mean to sound preachy - okay I do mean to :oops: ) - but it's not just about making quality dogs - it's about finding quality people to take care of them and keep them for 13-15 years (and there it means INSIDE 8 monthes of the year). It also means taking them back when people F-up. Even if they're 8 years old. And treating it like it is your problem when your customers are breeding to whatever and making lots of puppies that end up at AC. Sorry for going on...just my opinion.

BTW - I checked petfinder and there are 7 pits and pit-x's at AC in Fairbanks right this moment.

Best of luck and hope to see you postin'

Deb
moochesmama
Bully Ambassador

Postby tjbsandy » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:42 am

:hi
tjbsandy

Postby PitBullPride » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:14 am

Welcome to the board!
PitBullPride

Postby mypitmika » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:20 am

:hi Welcome