Only one testicle

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Only one testicle

Postby shella677 » Thu May 13, 2004 11:44 am

I'm getting Ace neutered real soon, but I am wondering how much it will cost considering he only has one ball :oops: (touchy subject around our house). The vet cant give me an accurate estimate b/c it depends on where the other one is and how much work is going to be involved. I'm thinking maybe around 2-3 hundred. I dont want go and try to pick up my dog and not have enough $ to pay for it. So if anyone has had this happen too or if you work at a vets and might know, it would help tremendously.

Thanks,
Michelle and The One Ball Wonder AKA Ace
shella677

Postby pocketpit » Thu May 13, 2004 12:13 pm

Every vet is different and it does depend on how much extra time it takes the find the "other guy". What you quoted doesn't sound unreasonable. I'd be suprised if it was over that. But prices may be different in other areas of the states. Have they tried palpating for the other teste yet?
pocketpit

Postby mnp13 » Thu May 13, 2004 12:22 pm

Just here to 'pimp' for Care Credit again! (They should start paying me!!!)

If your vet takes it you won't have to worry if it's a bit more than you expected.

I hope everything goes well!!!!!

Michelle
mnp13

Postby mnp13 » Thu May 13, 2004 12:22 pm

oh... wouldn't they be bale to locate it with an ultrasound? That would at least give you and your vet a better idea of the difficulty of the surgery and the cost.

Michelle
mnp13

Postby shella677 » Thu May 13, 2004 1:33 pm

i think I'll just go ahead and get it done, if it's more than expected then I'll jsut put it on a credit card, it needs to be done one way or another. And I'm sure they'll have to keep him over night, right?? vets around here usually dont keep males over night but with his surgery they probably will. The last time I had him to the vets was at 4 months of age for his rabies shot, and the vet said he could feel the other one, and sometimes I can feel it too. I just picture them making one little incesion(sp) and the thing plopping right out lol
shella677

Postby concreterose » Thu May 13, 2004 2:09 pm

vets around here usually dont keep males over night but with his surgery they probably will.

It depends on how quickly he wakes up from anesthesia. My older pit stayed overnight. My puppy went in at 9am, was ready and awake by 4pm to come home.
concreterose
Regulator

Postby pocketpit » Thu May 13, 2004 2:37 pm

Depends on how invasive they have to be in order to find that other testicle. If it's easily located he may be able to go home that night. If they have to open up his abdomen and dig around, I'd plan on overnight.
pocketpit

Re: Only one testicle

Postby damienApbt » Thu May 13, 2004 5:16 pm

shella677 wrote:Thanks,
Michelle and The One Ball Wonder AKA Ace

i think it should be half off.

yup id say just get it over with and put it on the credit card. this coming from the "guy in debt." it has to be done may as well be sooner than later.
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby ms533 » Thu May 13, 2004 8:32 pm

damien lol thats what everyone says
ms533

Postby damienApbt » Thu May 13, 2004 8:48 pm

i never claimed to be original. let us know how what happens.
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby barbponys » Sat May 15, 2004 1:27 pm

Our first boxer was monorchid and I believe it cost us around $90 at the time. This was back in 1987 soooo. He had knee surger at the same time and the whole bill came to about $200, alot of money back then. Hope all goes well.

Pat
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby shella677 » Tue May 18, 2004 1:35 pm

Last night i was feeling around for a second testical ( seems to be a habit around my house) and I noticed his other one was cold, so I looked at my fiance and said Ace's ball is cold, so then he had to feel it and said oh my god it's not getting any circulation, the other one that is up inside is cutting off the circulation, that is a dead ball right there. I couldn't help but laugh, he is so dramatic about things, just like the reason Ace pees so much is b/c his other ball is "up there" hurting him. Anyway I thought it was funny. He goes in tomorrow to get neutered, so I'll let you all know how it goes
shella677

Return to Health Issues