Me and My New Rescues

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Me and My New Rescues

Postby Trytogetthis » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:56 pm

Hi my name is Stephanie and last night I was blessed with having 10 Pitty pups dropped on my door in a box!!! The letter with them said that the ownercouldnt keep them and they were born on christmas eve!! I have gotten them dry dog food and puppy milk replacer that I am soaking the food in they are eating it well they are VERY thin! IS there anything else that I can do to help them gain weight?? They are very sweet and are full blooded as far as I can tell I will be keeping them until they are old enough to be spay\ nutered and then adopted out to keep this from happening again? Any inout would be greatly appreciated I will try to get pics on soon!!!!
Thanks
Stephanie :)
Trytogetthis

Postby Loca » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:01 pm

:welcome: that's great that you are taking care of those pups!!
Loca
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Sylnnn » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:06 pm

I got Buddy at 4 weeks and a coworker who shows chows told me to soften puppy food in a mixture of whole,plain yogurt, goats milk, and liquid baby vitamins. It really seemed to do the trick. He quickly gained weight and within only a couple of days. showed a great improvement in general coordination and activity. I don't know if anyone will agree, but it really helped out Buddy. And, it did NOT cause any :yucky: upset to the digestive tract.
Sylnnn

Postby satanscheerleader » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:10 pm

Deworming them would be a great idea. I use Strongid-T for pups to get rid of roundworms. I wouldn't get anything from the pet store cause I find it too often cause them to puke it up so it doesn't do much good if they can't keep it down. Get something from your vet. I don't know if they have Strongid-T where you are but it is easy on their tummies and very effective.
satanscheerleader
Addicted to PBF

Postby Boo439 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:28 pm

Welcome to the board!!
Boo439

Postby oko pol » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:17 am

Stephanie Welcome! You have a big heart! In my country puppies eating special foods for them. royal canin, eukanuba and more..next when they have 2,3 months they eating rice with prepare chicken and vegetables.
i think you mast go tu veterinary surgeon with yours puppies and he tels you what to do next.
oko pol

Postby violet » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:56 am

PUPPIES!!!!!!!!hurry along with pics and welcome to the board.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBullPride » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:00 am

Hello!
PitBullPride

Postby tjbsandy » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:58 am

:welcome:
tjbsandy

Postby Boscoe13 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:14 pm

:hi Welcome to the board!
Boscoe13

Postby barbponys » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:30 pm

PUPPIES!!!!!!! Puppies, puppies, puppies..........pics

Oh, sorry :oops: :welcome:
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby mypitmika » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:17 pm

Welcome! It's wonderful that you have such a big heart! This is a great forum, I know you'll find lots of answers here. :hi
mypitmika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Return to Introductions