Treadmills?..

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby concreterose » Fri May 14, 2004 9:22 am

the 30 minutes or so of walking that I can manage after a workday isn't the kind of exercise they need. My dogs need to run.

Elmo and Tully look like their in super duper shape to just be getting 30 minutes of exercise a day!!!
concreterose
Regulator

Postby jmann4 » Fri May 14, 2004 12:34 pm

McGoose wrote:This might be an idiotic question.....but why not just walk your dog??

Rain, sleet, snow, heat, or any nasty weather.

You can put it in a temperture controlled room which makes walking them easier in the summer time. The other elements speak for themselves. I have walked my dogs in all the weather above and frankly, it sucks.

I'm in the process of building a mill for my dogs right now. It'll be interesting see the differences from regular walking compared to walks on the mill.
jmann4

Postby apbtboxermom » Fri May 14, 2004 1:57 pm

I use the treadmill to burn fat. The less fat you have, the more muscle you have. Believe it or not, there is muscle under all that fat! The less fat you have, better for your heart. This holds true for our pooches! We want them to live LONG HEALTHY LIVES! I am hoping to invest in a treadmill for my pooches this summer. As for me, I go to the gym!
apbtboxermom

Postby Sarah » Fri May 14, 2004 2:15 pm

concreterose wrote:
the 30 minutes or so of walking that I can manage after a workday isn't the kind of exercise they need. My dogs need to run.

Elmo and Tully look like their in super duper shape to just be getting 30 minutes of exercise a day!!!

Well, they get more on my days off. They've got good genetics too, though. (unlike me. :sad: )
Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

re

Postby Diane Jessup » Wed May 19, 2004 1:01 am

I came in on this thread kinda late, wanted to add that when I had carpet mills my dogs LOVES to haul ass on them for about 8 minutes and they were POOPED! They would go run outside and lay in a mud puddle to cool off. They went hell bent for leather which they can't do walking. It was great for them. I had to get rid of my carpet mills as Grip is now 11 years old and when she heard them she went crazy. She just died to get on them. I bought her an electric one so she can go get on it and pace along, (barking) and think she is really cool. I can also do the terriers on it. They were too light to move the Grand Carpet mills.

Best of luck with your mill!
Diane Jessup

Postby dblfrenum » Thu May 20, 2004 11:17 am

Here is an addy for some carpet mills at a fair price 250.00+shipping.

http://www.geocities.com/kombatzonekenn ... mills.html

Did a search and found these mills... KZK Carpet Mills
Just thought I would share this find. If anyone gets one plz let me know how they are, want to get one but have to wait till I have my own place...No room here for one :(
dblfrenum

Previous

Return to Health Issues