Anesthesia Testing

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Anesthesia Testing

Postby shella677 » Fri May 14, 2004 1:37 pm

I know when I take Ace in to get neutered they are going to ask if I want him to be tested to see if he will have an allergic reaction to the anesthesia. I have done this for all my other animals so more than likely I will have it done for him too. I was just curious to what everyone else has done or thinks about it.

Thanks
shella677

Postby kendall » Fri May 14, 2004 2:58 pm

I had Levi tested before he had his surgery on his shoulder. I think it's worth it. It's not a huge fee, and I would have just felt bad if I had chosen to forgoe it and then he had problems during surgery. So I did it mostly for peace of mind.
kendall
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jmann4 » Fri May 14, 2004 2:59 pm

A lot of the folks here have done it. Someone asked this very question a while back and the majority was for getting it done.

I got it done for my girls.
jmann4

Postby BullyBud » Fri May 14, 2004 6:09 pm

They arent checking for anesthesia "allergies"...I dont know why vets explain it that way...

Its pre anesthetic bloodwork that tests organ function to make sure the dog can handle the anesthetic...

Yes, I request it for all my dogs prior to going under.
BullyBud
Bully Ambassador

Postby concreterose » Fri May 14, 2004 7:06 pm

I just got Vicki spayed two weeks ago and got it done. They make sure red blood cell count is normal, and check kidneys and liver I think.
concreterose
Regulator

Postby barbponys » Fri May 14, 2004 11:45 pm

Any time my dogs have to have anything done, even dentals, I have them checked. Better safe than sorry.

Pat
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby elegy » Sat May 15, 2004 3:07 pm

yup, i'd do it. it's not really that expensive, and better safe than sorry!
elegy
Bully Ambassador

Return to Health Issues