Good Morning Pit Bull Forum!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
pitbullhappenings

Good Morning Pit Bull Forum!

Postby pitbullhappenings » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:23 am

Good Morning Everybody! I'm Eric and I live in Port Richey, Florida. I currently own 4 dogs. Freedom is my oldest (about 12 yrs old) I rescued her from an abandoned house at the end of September following the horrific tragedy of 9/11, her name came naturally and quickly. She's a red-nosed Pit Bull Mix. Freeway is a male Pit Bull mix whom a lady had rescued from the side of the highway eating garbage and whatnot. He's about 4 yrs old and of all my dogs is the most active/playful dog. Bodacious and Dixie are bro and sis. They are American Bulldogs and will be 2 yrs old on July 25th (Saturday) wooo hoooooo. I've had them since they were 8 weeks old. Bodacious weighs about 95 lbs and still growing. His sister weighs about 65 or 70 lbs.

I look forward to meeting and participating in the forums (after I read the rules, of course) :)

Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Good Morning Pit Bull Forum!

Postby Mooresmajestic » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi!! It's nice that you have taken in dogs from those circumstances. How about more info on you? Like how old are you, what do you do for a living, how you came to get your first bully, what you do with your dogs, your plans with your dogs, stuff like that.

pitbullhappenings

Postby pitbullhappenings » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:31 pm

Sorry.

I'm 31 years old. My real job is a Dispatcher. I'll dispatch a captain to tow in broken down recreational boaters and help them with local knowledge, tidal info, radio checks, weather checks, etc... I also have some side jobs to get a little extra cash, mostly yard work stuff. I also volunteer at my local Animal Shelter.

Freedom was my first. She's a red-nosed pit bull mix. I am currently taking all 4 of my dogs on walks daily. We also play together in the back yard. My house is on a 1/4 acre lot, fenced in. When I go to my mom's house, I usually take all 4 with me. She has a little chocolate (however you spell that) ahh just an ankle biter haha. She also has 5 cats all of which scatter as soon as they hear my Bronco pull up all except for the siamese cat, the dogs don't bother her. I want to teach my dogs to swim in the swimming pool so I need to go to my mom's house more often. She has an inground pool and that was actually her idea. My dog's are still in training mode. I've kicked it in high gear now since I realize I don't know as much as I thought I knew although I do believe I know more than the average person. I still have lots to learn myself though which is why I've joined this forum and another one. I just started my own website as well that'll be mostly informational.

I live in a 3 bedroom house, being single, I don't need all 3 bedrooms myself so I gave the one bedroom to my dogs. It's pretty nice. I have two XL crates in it with a piece of plywood on top and placed a twin size mattress on it. It's a crate bed. I used to have a ramp going up it but the dogs never used it so I removed it. It was taking up space anyways. They also have a dresser with mirror, a small boom box and a nice lamp. I also installed a doggy door in the concrete wall to the exterior. I used to free feed my dogs on what I had thought was good food. Turned out to be garbage like most (Purina One Lamb and Rice) I now feed my dogs once a day. They eat Canidae All Life Stages (44lb bag) They go through a bag about every two weeks. I have ice cream buckets full of water through out my house.

I plan on educating myself a whole LOT more regarding Pit Bulls. I'm fascinated by Pit Bulls. Addicted per say. I really want to get me a pure APBT however, I'm not going to until I get ALL my dogs fully trained properly. Where I can walk them through my neighborhood all together while only holding them with my left hand. I also want to get all my dogs the Canine Good Citizen award. Once I get my dog's all straightened out on rules (which I think they mostly are set on the house rules anyways) and after I learn more of the history and facts and the true Pit Bull then I'll consider getting a Pure APBT.

I also plan on finding and helping out anyway I can from a local Pit Bull Rescue group. I'd like to eventually become a Foster home for Pit Bulls in Need. Which means I must further prepare my house. I already know the local laws and ordinances and deed restrictions. My county has a limit of how many animals I can have (9). That's down the road though. I have lots of learning to do and training to do first. I'm very pleased to have found your site and look forward to talking to friendly faces.

Ariel Payopay
Site Admin

Postby Ariel Payopay » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:16 am

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”