how to tell if female is pregnant?signs,any info appreciated

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

how to tell if female is pregnant?signs,any info appreciated

Postby ilovepits » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:58 pm

Hi again, i know this isn't the place to post this, but i know i have to wait until i am allowed to post anywhere else. anyways, i just got this rescue pitbull from a breeder who was neglecting their dogs..she's about 2 1'2 maybe 3 years old and i think she may be pregnant.. i am going to take her to the vet in a week and a half, but what are some signs/symptoms of pregnacy? how early can you tell? is there any ways of feeling or anything? she has never had a litter (so they say) and she was penned up w/a rednose male, so i think she might have got pregnant. her teats are swollen, her vulva is swollen(like in heat, but she's not in heat) and shes sleeps a lot..now i don't know the dogs that well since i've only had her a week but she eats good.. any info on dogs pregnancy would help. thanks very much..
sara
ilovepits

Postby Banjo » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:01 pm

Gday

The way I have noticed to tell early is their nipples. if they are swollen or starting to (like a small marble under them) thats what normally shows first (in my experience).

others here will probably teach me some thing with their replys, but thats what i do.

have fun
Banjo

Postby PitBullPride » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:11 pm

adoptAshelterPit wrote:if she is intact, and she was penned up with an intact male. she is pregnant. :thumbsup:

is there any way you can make a spay appointment ASAP. we dont need more poorly bred pit bulls in this world :thumbsup:

thanks for rescuing her!! :))

and welcome!!

ditto
PitBullPride

pregnant rescue

Postby ilovepits » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:22 pm

Ya i asked the vet about that, they said it depends on how far along she is, if she is pregnant. so ya i will spay her asap, but it depends on how far along she is. any other info on how to tell if shes pregnant?
ilovepits

Postby phez718 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:31 pm

If you can't tell she's pregnant, you're probably safe to do a spay ASAP. Though you'd wanna ask your vet. Better to spay her early then to bring yet another litter of pups into the world. :thumbsup:
phez718

pups

Postby ilovepits » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:53 am

ya i will call the vet tomorrow and see what she says..thanks for the info.
sara
ilovepits

Return to Introductions