Hiya from Texas

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hiya from Texas

Postby white_light_star » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:42 am

:peace: Hiya guys! My name is Katie and I'm from Texas. The dog you see in the picture is the bestest friend I've ever had and probably will ever have in the future.

I live in a fairly nice mobile home park on the suberbs of a city, and because of BSL, my sweet Nikki was taken away from me even though she didn't do anything wrong. They took her away because she is a "pit dog." Until I moved, they wouldn't let me have her back, and since I didn't have the money to move, she had to be adopted out to a family who could have her in their area.

I miss my baby so very much.

white_light_star

Postby white_light_star » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:50 am

Ok, now that I feel like a dork... hehehe

I came here to find maybe an answer on how to petition my landlord's insurance agengy. There are a lot of insurance agencies that will allow owners to have larger dogs than pits (and slightly naturally more aggressive) and they won't allow "pit dogs."

I've looked at all the evidence, and pits are no more dangerous than rottweilers or german shepherds or Schnitzel Dogs for that matter. It depends on the owner! So that being said, how come the insurance agencies discrimnate against the dogs and not the people who have a record with them?

Katie
white_light_star

Postby Boo439 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:59 am

Welcome to the board!! I'm sorry for the loss of your best friend... I hope the family who has her now loves her as much as you do.
Boo439

Postby GreddysAngel » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:03 am

Thats so sad :( Welcome
GreddysAngel
Addicted to PBF

Postby Pengwen » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:16 am

:sad: I know what you mean. I can't seem to find a house that will allow Gwen. We keep getting the same old "no wolves, any kind of bull terrrier, etc.) Our current landlord loves her, but we need a bigger place.

where in TX are you from (I'm in Huntsville)
Pengwen

Postby phez718 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:38 am

We rent an apartment and the landlord's homeowner's insurance didn't allow pit bulls. So we got State Farm renter's insurance. State Farm does NOT breed discriminate. You may want to talk the landlord and ask them about getting your own insurance.

Sorry to hear about your pup. :sad:
phez718

Postby oko pol » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:02 pm

HIYA Katie !
oko pol

Postby yuk237 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:13 pm

:welcome: Sorry about your dog :sad:
yuk237

Postby white_light_star » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:08 am

I appreciate the advise! I'll check with State Farm as they carry my car insurance. And I also would like to let other pit owners in my city know about separate renter's insurance.

I do have a question, however. Is the park allowed to deny my request to recieve renter's insurance? And if they do, where should I look in the lease about applying for insurance by myself?

Also, what is required for renter's insurance and what does it run?

Sorry, guys... lol I just got a ton of questions.
white_light_star

Return to Introductions