WELLNESS OR CANIDAE IN IRELAND!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

WELLNESS OR CANIDAE IN IRELAND!

Postby rosanneandkaya » Mon May 17, 2004 3:25 pm

Hi guys and gals.
is there anyone on this forum living in ireland in or around dublin as i am having real problems getting some good quality food, the only ones i can find are hills, eukanuba, pedigree and royal canin. if anyone knows where they are getting any of the good foods please let me know even if i have to drive 50 miles or so outside dublin i will go.
steve, rosy and SASHA!
rosanneandkaya
Newborn Bully

Postby mnp13 » Mon May 17, 2004 3:29 pm

I feed Royal Canin, and would never put it in the same quality bracket as Iams and Eukanuba.

Michelle
mnp13

Postby barbponys » Mon May 17, 2004 3:45 pm

Of the brands you named Royal Canin is the best. It's not in the same ball park as Wellness or even Canidae but it's better than Hills, Iams/Euk.
Good luck.

Pat
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby mad4bullies » Mon May 17, 2004 10:28 pm

Ive always used Royal Canin and highly rate it. Well priced aswell.
mad4bullies

Postby jmann4 » Tue May 18, 2004 12:03 am

You can buy it online at:

This web site

They are the only one that I found who will ship to Ireland.
jmann4

Postby rosanneandkaya » Tue May 18, 2004 9:39 am

no offence guys , the only thing about the royal canin was he did not have any puppy food or i would have got it, they did have large breed puppy food but this was for adult dogs over 25kg, as she is a staffordshire bull bitch she will not get to that weight unless you guys think this will be ok, i do not want to feed her anything that is not going to agree with her, i got her eukanuba and she will not eat it well only in little nibbles, but i can tell she does not like it. i was not meaning to slag royal canin i was only meaning to say that i can not find any of the other foods such as wellness, canidae and ca natural. sorry if i offended anyone!!
cheers for replies
steve rosy and sasha!!!
rosanneandkaya
Newborn Bully

Postby cisom » Tue May 18, 2004 10:51 am

Many, if not most of the super premium foods do not offer "puppy" foods. They believe in feeding one food at different rates according to activity level, weight, etc. I would think the VAT plus shipping on the foods you mentioned would put the prices up in the stratosphere. Surely there are dog food mfg's in the EU that make high end products similar to Canidae, Solid Gold. If not, Royal Canin is a very acceptable choice.
cisom
Matured Bully

Postby barbponys » Wed May 19, 2004 5:16 pm

With Royal Canin being based in France it's probably going to be your best bet. The others are better quality but shipping will cripple you. As far as I can see they don't offer their foods in europe at all.

You can feed an adult food without any problem, you can supplement with a little oil or fat as the dog is growing. When they hit the major growth spirts or are excessively active(summer) feed a little more. As a general rule most large breed puppy foods aren't worth the money.

Pat
barbponys
Health Guru

Return to Health Issues