Looking for a blue in Maryland

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Looking for a blue in Maryland

Postby SDD123 » Tue May 18, 2004 1:35 pm

Like the topic says im looking to get another puppy and I have alwase been in love with the blues. so if anyone knows where I could buy or rescue one could you please let me know.
SDD123

Postby mnp13 » Tue May 18, 2004 2:04 pm

well... if you read a few of the posts on the 'general' area, there are a number of people, myself included, who don't think blues are pure bred pits.

In any case, if you want a blue there are PLENTY in shelters. Petfinder has literally hundreds in the immediate Maryland area. Please don't buy one!!!!!
mnp13

Postby SDD123 » Tue May 18, 2004 9:39 pm

do you know of any good sites where I should look for rescue groups?
SDD123

Postby phez718 » Tue May 18, 2004 9:47 pm

http://www.petfinder.com is the best site that I know. It's where I found the dog I just filled out an Adoption App. for, and the rescue I now volunteer for. You just type in your ZIP code and they list shelters and rescues in your area. :thumbsup:
phez718

Postby moto1320 » Tue May 18, 2004 10:42 pm

www.pbrc.net. Does it have to be a puppy?
moto1320
Regulator

Postby gooeydog » Wed May 19, 2004 3:53 am

Here's one: http://www.pbrc.net/dogpages/east/cchs1308.html

Edit: He's the second dog on that page, Rajeei.
gooeydog
Regulator

Postby SDD123 » Wed May 19, 2004 7:34 am

It does not have to be a puppy, But I would like it to be. I just enjoy going thru the growing up stages of puppy hood. But then again it would be nice to get a dog that is already house broken, less traning for me to do...lol... so we will see Im still trying to talk the wife into getting another one.
SDD123

Postby BabyReba » Wed May 19, 2004 10:54 am

Hey SDD, I've been out of town for a little over a week, and haven't been checking the boards.

I wish I'd been able to get in touch with you sooner--Anne Arundel County AC had a 7-month-old blue female that I couldn't take into rescue because I was headed outta town and didn't have a short-notice foster lined up. I dunno if she's still there--I know they were scrambling to find a rescue who could pull her a week ago.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby BabyReba » Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:13 am

I'm sure we can find you one in rescue somewhere, if you think you can wait it out a bit. A female blue beauty was PTS in Anne Arundel County recently, and though there aren't boatloads of them in our area, I'm sure we can find you one in rescue not too far away.

Have you talked to Bully Lovers in Frederick? They are a good group and might be worth contacting.
BabyReba
Regulator

a blue in NJ

Postby BabyReba » Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:19 am

Hey, SDD, I just did a quickie search and found a blue brindle/white girl in Hamilton, NJ at a shelter. Her name is Eve, contact phone is 732-833-7696

She's 1.5 years old . . . not a pup, but she looks really cute.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby X-girl » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:25 am

I don't know if this is still relevent but there's a blue and white boy for adoption in Frederick, MD.
Here he is:

And the info they posted about him:
Phoenix E2182

Breed: APBT
Sex: Male (neutered)
Weight: 45-50 Lbs
Color: Blue and white

Housebroken: Yes
Good with kids: Yes
Good with dogs: Yes
Good with cats: Unknown

This beautiful boy is Phoenix. He is 1 yr old and a love bucket. He loves to give kisses, go for walks, and snuggle. He weighs around 45-50lbs and still needs to put on 5 or so lbs. He likes other dogs, has not been tested with cats. He loves kids of all ages. He is housetrained. He can not be crated. He has separation anxiety and requires a home where someone is home most of the time or someone that can take him to work with them. He can jump a 4-6 ft fence if he chooses, but does come back when called. He is truly a sweet and loving boy that needs a understanding and patient home to help him work through his separation issues.

Foster homes desperately needed! Call for more details.

Adoption Restrictions: MD, VA, PA, DE
Adoption Fee: $175 covers neuter, UTD shots and micro chip

Here's the link, he's the 3rd dog listed on the page:

http://www.pbrc.net/dogpages/east/bullylovers2182.html
X-girl
Regulator

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs